- MT03 headlight bought on ebay with cheapo brackets

- Speedometer bracket made by a fellow 600riders.com member Puttin Along

- Speedometer cover bought on ebay

- Bracket extension and turn signal holder that I made out of aluminum

- Rizoma Dynamic mirrors + Rizoma mirror adapter from motostrano.com

- Black Emgo Universal mirror mount from Amazon

- Set of electrical connectors matching my bike's from corsa-technic.com

- 2 pairs of cylindrical spacers

- Button-head socket cap M6 screws: 2x30mm, 4x20mm, 4x15mm with washers, lock washers and nuts

I’ve ordered the headlight from ebay, and it was delivered within 6 days (including a weekend in between).
The headlight is LSL MT-03 headlight. I opted for this particular item because I couldn’t justify spending $400+ on the same headlight with higher quality brackets sold by moto-madness. If I could – I’d definitely do it.
The kit comes with 2 brackets, 2 43mm fork clamps and 6 button head socket cap screws:

Image00001.jpg

The brackets are relatively cheap, bear traces of fabrication, but seem to be sturdy enough. My guess is that intention here was for these brackets to “hug” the headlight (horizontal distance between upper attachment points is greater than between lower points), but since I already had to buy spacers to have brackets aligned with forks, I chose sizes that allowed brackets to stay straight. The sizing is of by a few millimeters (I got 1/2 inch and 1 inch), but it’s much better, in my opinion, than what it would be otherwise. Because of the spacers, I had to buy longer screws.

Here is the resulting look with spacers highlighted:

0701160939_pointers.jpg

Next comes, the most labor-intensive part, at least for my version of installation. As I mentioned above, if brackets are attached to the clamps, the only way to install the headlight on fz6 is much further down the fork so that the headlight “clears” the ignition lock cylinder. This would also mean moving the horn elsewhere (now, I am going to replace it with something a little louder, but that’s in the future). Instead, I decided to fabricate my own spacers out of aluminum

Here is the result:

0630161418a.jpg

Electrical:
I planned for making changes reversible, so I wanted to make a shorter replacement for the harness, rather than cutting the harness or the wires on the bike. I decided not to use the original harness and re-route wires, as I didn’t find enough space inside the frame to fit two connectors. I had ordered the connectors from corsa-technic.com (thanks to FinalImpact for mentioning this site in one of the threads)

0630161311a.jpg

Speedometer:
Well, this one was the easiest, by far - Puttin Along started puttin together (see what I did there?) brackets for S1 speedo, so I ordered one. It came by mail in 3 days, and it fit perfectly:
Here it’s installed:

0627160924-e1467405341574.jpg

The back cover came from ebay – I only had to remove the bottom piece to install. Here is the look from above:

0630161419-2.jpg

Mirrors:
I really want to like them – these are Rizoma Dynamic mirrors, afterall – fantastic finish, great design, stylish, but… what am I supposed to see in them? I think these are one step too far in the wrong direction on style-function continuum. That’s just me, but I need to see a bit more of what’s behind me. I’ll ride with them for a few days, but I think I’m going for a different model.
Depending on the return policy of motostrano, there may be a pair of Rizoma Dynamic mirrors coming to FS section in a few weeks.

Original write-up with additional pics here

J

jesse_sanders

This is what I've been looking for. Thanks for posting. Bike looks rad

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

J

jesse_sanders

Also do you have any pictures of the speedo cover and a part number by chance?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks very refreshing.
I think, Mt03 headlight is the optimum headlight for naked conversion.