Put the bike(s) away for the season.

arkay

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in the UK we're a mixed bunch. Some of us, me included will ride all year round as there's always mild spells through the winter. A lot of riders have got their bikes tucked away for the dark nights. This is my first year riding and I'm looking forward to long sunday rides in a group, stopping for a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich and enjoying some fantastic winter scenic routes in the countryside.

Here's a typical UK view from a country road! This is late summer, not winter but you get the pcture!!

DSCF0008.jpg

Melchizel

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW... must suck to have to deal with massive weather changes throughout the year. I live in Hawaii so we pretty much can ride all year around since our temps are between 90-75 year around. :rockon:

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Ride my bike all year round, the only problems we seem to have in winter is the amount of salt that collect's on the bike. So anytime now I will give the bike some good protection with ACF-50 or something similar.

ACF-50 (Anti-Corrosion Formula) was originally designed to protect aircraft from existing, and new corrosion.

When applied ACF-50 forms an 'Active' ultra-thin clear film that will kill any existing corrosion cells and will protect your bike against new corrosion forming. On areas such as switches or under the tank and seat, one application will last up to 12 months. Other more exposed areas will need topping up more regularly. ACF-50 has the ability to 'chemically neutralise road salt' and water will bead on contact and literally bounce off. Ideal for the bike that is used all year round in all weathers, a superb service spray as ACF-50 is also a lubricant and penetrant (without loosening structural attachments) and if you put your bike away for the winter, applying ACF-50 will ensure that moisture will not be allowed to cause any damage!

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just about to ask how to huge windshield on the left works on the FZ6.

Sorry to hear the season is over.

In NH, the Winter riding season is just getting under way. So now I don't sweat as much as I did in Summer and I don't need to do the "stand up and shake butt" maneuver as often :D. I will try to ride the FZ6 if the roads are ok. Plus, I'll finally get a chance to try the RoadSmart tires on cold roads.

Right now, my heated jacket liner is gone being upgrade to the Warm and Safe Gen3 model so I'm riding without the heat and I'm happy we got a 68F day today.

May the Spring season come soon for you.

Dennis