Put the bike(s) away for the season.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well this past weekend the season officially ended, at least for me. So before the covers were placed on, I snapped a photo.

The FJR is a friends, the way cooler red FZ6 is mine:D, and the less cool blue one is my brother in laws (JaysFZ6). The bikes will be dry and cozy until Spring!

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
I had an awesome 200 mile ride yesterday after work. It was about 40 and I was wearing my summer gear, I froze and I was shivering but I still had a huge grin on my face :D

I know this may be my last week of riding for the season tho :(

Sad sad pic wolfc70. Please leave the lights on at night and tell the bikes a story before bed every single night till next April. Poor girls - I can see the tears in their eyes :(

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
it never fails to impress me that you spend so much money on recreational toys you use for 5-6 months per year, i wish i had that luxury!

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it never fails to impress me that you spend so much money on recreational toys you use for 5-6 months per year, i wish i had that luxury!

I got my bike for a steal, they were asking $5995, I paid ~$6300 USD out the door, all taxes and fees included. That seems much cheaper than what most Europeans and Aussies have posted for prices (not sure about Greece though). Besides, motorcycles are way cheaper than snowmobiles!:D

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As it is 30* and snowing here i still refuse to put mine away yet. :D

That was me last year, riding below freezing. When I finally got ready to put her away, washing was very hard, as the water kept freezing to the bike! So I decided to chicken out this year and put her away on time, clean and dry!

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
We ride through winter down here but now that Spring is at hand, I notice more bikes on the road. Heaps yesterday on their way home from a pilgrimage to Phillip Island for the Moto GP and concluding run down the Great Ocean Road which is 'my turf'.
Couple of shots from yesterday. Washed my bike then rode to Bells Beach for the sunset.
Cheer up Northern Mates. Its summer downunder!
H
rumpole-of-the-bailey-albums-bike-picture5100-spring-2009.jpg

rumpole-of-the-bailey-albums-bike-picture5102-southside-carpark-22-oct-2009.jpg

rumpole-of-the-bailey-albums-bike-picture5101-southside-bells-beach-australia.jpg

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my new cold weather jacket in so I can still ride! ;) I'll go until I hear "black ice" and then I am done commuting but I still will try for days off and weekends when the sun is out.

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
It decided to be 74 in Ohio today. I'm not going to winterize until the snow starts falling consistently. And then it's just a ridable amount of Stabil in the full tank.... just in case it gets above 35.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
I just got my new cold weather jacket in so I can still ride! ;) I'll go until I hear "black ice" and then I am done commuting but I still will try for days off and weekends when the sun is out.

that's me. i'll ride as long as there hasn't been water and freezing temps mixing.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What's with the Suzuki sign in the backround? J/K. I rode today. It almost made it to 60 here in Buffalo.

Yeah, I'm working on that! Just need to find a nice Yamaha Banner, been hitting Ebay for awhile, nothing yet.:thumbup:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I really didn't want to read this thread - it's so sad :(

Zelda is in my friends garage and I am trying to hold off on putting to bed for the winter until I know there are no more possible days of riding. However, this does limit me to only riding on the weekends.

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
It decided to be 74 in Ohio today. I'm not going to winterize until the snow starts falling consistently. And then it's just a ridable amount of Stabil in the full tank.... just in case it gets above 35.

That's my plan...I have the new oil and filter ready to go in and Stabil or Seafoam into the tank, but I'm holding off as long as I can. Probably will be done before Thankgiving.