Project TRX! A semi faithful restoration! Finished! :)

Should i leave the bike with OEM Paint scheme?

• White frame, and plain RED OEM paintwork

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • White frame, RED bodywork with WHITE racing stripe full length of the bike

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
re: Project TRX! A semi faithful restoration! Finished! Video & photo's now up! :)

She sounds WICKED mate :thumbup: I really like the way Pinkie's zhorst fits in with the flow of the whole bike.. Carbies & filters pods are a great idea also :rockon:

Got the dyno booked yet ?? :D

Ohh yeah & you had a ride ??

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
re: Project TRX! A semi faithful restoration! Finished! Video & photo's now up! :)

Amazing sound!

I can't wait to see that beauty finished :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

She sounds WICKED mate :thumbup: I really like the way Pinkie's zhorst fits in with the flow of the whole bike.. Carbies & filters pods are a great idea also :rockon:

Got the dyno booked yet ?? :D

Ohh yeah & you had a ride ??

I will take a photo of the new car style K&N air filter, with chrome lid tomorrow...looks horn, when you lift up the tank.... :rockon:

As for the Dyno, Humpy, it's been on and off the Dyno since about Thursday last week...Sussing out the carbies, the airbox, and how it is all working with the new custom exhaust, and rather extensive engine mods...

I presume it will go up on the dyno again tomorrow, now that the Dynojet Carb kit is here, and the new Modified Car Air filter is fitted, this does require a bit of stuffing around with bell mouths, and the air filter base...

In other news, i have fitted up my "new" fairing with my restored OEM mirrors, the new solid black screen, restored screen bolts, and replacement OEM graphics for the frint fairing....looks awesome, and all the fasteners are OEM...

Will post a picture later....

Last thing, Have i been for a ride...not yet, it's still not where we want it to be tune wise...I could take it for a ride without too much trouble, but i am not, till then..

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Ok, been stuck in my office most of the day, so aint been to bike shop yet! But here are some photo's i snapped of my "New" front fairing, complete with restored, mirrors (painted the stalks, and mounting brackets, cleaned up OEM fasteners, etc..), The Extra TRX gaphics on the side of fairing, the brushed OEM fairing Bolts, restored OEM screen bolts (re-painted), the new, solid black race screen, and the replacement of the "Yamaha" logo on the front of the fairing....

From the front....new Yamaha sticker, new screen, restored fairing bolts, and restored OEM indicators, with clear lens, and orange globes...

87998249.jpg

The riders view...loooks like new!

29470222.jpg

The new graphics on side of fairing, brushed OEM fairing bolt, restored OEM indicators...

44914871.jpg

Close up of "new" indicators...not a scratch on them.

16104048.jpg

Restored OEM mirrors....again, not a scratch, they look like "new"..

72579832.jpg

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Ok, have been to the shop, fitted up the new fairing, while i was there, and took a couple of photo's of my shiny new Airfilter...it's fit's just nicely under the tank...after a wee bit of modification...

13184694.jpg

59411640.jpg

75934391.jpg

Carbies just need the dynojet kit installed, then we are back on the dyno...

:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Looks great , reminds me of the air filters I had hanging off the triple webers on my Charger :rockon: :rockon:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

I have so many thoughts, but Huey says it best. ;-)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaISqa-6hBk]Back to the Future - Back in Time - YouTube[/ame]

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I have so many thoughts, but Huey says it best. ;-)

Back to the Future - Back in Time - YouTube

That just happens to be one of my fave movies!

And yes, we are harking back to the days of Carbies, and kick a$$ air filters...."if you aint got the flow, you aint got the go!"

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site

Looks like a completely new bike! I am so in love. And as for carbs, a wise mine once said "I'd rather be blown then injected."

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Looks like a completely new bike! I am so in love. And as for carbs, a wise mine once said "I'd rather be blown then injected."

Cheers, it is pretty much a "new" bike! Has cost me as much as one did, to buy new, to fix...but am guessing it will be well worth all the cash and 100's of hours spent getting it better than new! Even world champ, Steve Martin, who saw it today...voiced his approval! Nice! :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Well, not much happened today, but a replacement clutch return spring did turn up....the old one was foooked, and as a result, the clutch would of not have had all of it's adjustment...gosh i hate being OCD about my bikes sometimes!

Bike should be back up on the dyno, with the Dynojet Stage 3 carbie kit installed, early next week.

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Oh, and i found out today, that GYTR are happy to supply me with 2 brand new GYTR badges to rivet onto the GYTR can i have hanging off the side of the bike....This is good, exhaust will look complete with these suckers in place.

:thumbup:

Oh, by the way, i keep having "evil" thoughts about a set of Ohlins Road & Track forks, and a Ohlins rear shock...

Oh dear...

:shakehead:

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site

You are just the right kind of Out Of Control. This is so much fun to watch.

Oh and it sounds killer.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Jamie !!! The TRX is AWESOME!! the thing is a work of Art !! you have excellent taste in bikes !! I would pay to have that beauty shipped here,and not think twice about the cost!! Excellent work Sir!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Jamie !!! The TRX is AWESOME!! the thing is a work of Art !! you have excellent taste in bikes !! I would pay to have that beauty shipped here,and not think twice about the cost!! Excellent work Sir!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :rockon:

Cheers, Donny, nice words from another tinkerer... :thumbup:

As for the bike, i have a spare TRX motor in the shed! I have had thought's of building a second TRX....from bits bought off the net, and wrecking yards...i wonder how much it would cost....to build, and to ship?!!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sounds rough as guts mate:D

Looks lovely, looking forward to the maiden run.

Nelly

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sounds rough as guts mate:D

Looks lovely, looking forward to the maiden run.

Nelly

Yep, it sounds awful! :spank:

As for the maiden run, i thought that was going to be today, about a week ago...until we decided to go for broke, looking for HP!

But i must say, it's doing my head in, knowing it's running....waiting...

:(