Problem with bar end for FZ1 handle bar

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I switched to the FZ1 handle bar recently and found that my Rizoma bar end wasn't compatible. So I have ordered a new set of bar end specifically for FZ1 bars, and not those generic ones.

Well the problem is that the FZ1 bar end comes with a sort of bolt where the bar end itself is screwed in; and the bolt stick out of the bar like a sore thumb. It would seem that the handle bar should have been installed so that it's recessed inside the handles. See picture.

Now I'm annoyed because I have to take everything apart, drill another hole and then put everything back in just for those bar ends.

So if you are doing the FZ1 handle bar and is thinking of getting the FZ1 compatible bar ends, then plan for this.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You've got the wrong parts, I'm afraid. FZ1 bar ends are one-piece and thread effortlessly into FZ1 handlebar.

Look at #4 in the picture:

12871_steeringhandlecable.gif

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Forgot to mention that I didn't buy an OEM Yamaha part. Got mine from 2wheels and it says it's made for the FZ1. The OEM is indeed one piece but it still has a part where it is not threaded and will not go inside the bar. Hence even if you use the OEM bar end, it will still stick out. I wanted the bar end to screw onto the bar. Generic ones simply expand.

In any case, I have moved my handles, controls and mirrors further out on the bar and now it's flush with the bar end. It does make the bar slightly longer than before.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd send them back. I have Throttlemeister ends which are two piece and you don't have to remove controls to make them work. If your looking for a set of stock FZ1 bar ends I've got a set in my tool box. Guaranteed to fit! :thumbup:

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 48826

The stock bar end looks like this (the black one). I have put a red line where it doesn't fit inside the handle bar. So if the bar is not recessed inside the handles, then it will still stick out.

Thanks for the offer anyway Rubbybuggy. Besides even if it did fit somehow, I have already moved all the controls. :)

I checked out the Throttlemeister ends. Woah they are pricey :eek:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 48826

The stock bar end looks like this (the black one). I have put a red line where it doesn't fit inside the handle bar. So if the bar is not recessed inside the handles, then it will still stick out.

Thanks for the offer anyway Rubbybuggy. Besides even if it did fit somehow, I have already moved all the controls. :)

Oh now I see what you're talking about! Yes.. the stock bar ends are meant to be a continuation of the bar, in a way. They're meant to make the bar wider and your grips should be covering those parts of the bar ends.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 48826

Can you tell which weights those silver ones are?

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD