Poor design OEM tools kit

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
Well,i guess it is time for me to adjust my chain.As this is the first time doing so,i uses the 32mm Yamaha tool to loosen the axle nut and made adjust as per owner manual.After completed the process,I find my swingarm was full of scratches caused by using the stupid OEM 32mm wrench.:(

Lesson learned,always get a proper 32mm socket ready before doing any chain adjustment.

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
I just did the same procedure and had no problems using the tools in the pouch, they might not be the greatest tools but they do get the job done.

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
wow you must have super human strength to get leverage using that little wrench. then you have to tighten it to about 100 ft lbs. how did you do it?

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow you must have super human strength to get leverage using that little wrench. then you have to tighten it to about 100 ft lbs. how did you do it?

Easy, you slide the metal sleeve looking thing over the end of the 32mm wrench. That's what it's there for. :D

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah like the other dude said, there is a hollow tube that fits over the 32 wrench that makes it twice as long and plenty easy to loosen and tighten.

as for scratching anything, just be careful. the axle wrench has plenty of an angle to it to stay away from the swing arm

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah they suck. First time I used mine, it snapped the allen key when I was removing the seat side pods! :( Yamaha seem to torque all the bolts down a huge amount. I'm slowly replacing the allen bolts on the bike that I use a lot with proper bolts.