Police Chase - Motorcycle Helmet Cam

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just stumbled upon this video. Sorry if this is a repost, haven't seen it on the forums here. Neat footage though!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jglagGWzq34"][FULL]Florence Police Pursuit: Dramatic Chase Through Eyes of Motorcycle Cop - YouTube[/ame]

CavDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
First thought: "Who the heck would run from the cops on a bike that big?"

Second thought: "Whoops, misunderstood the assignment!"

Must suck trying to chase a perp wearing motorcycle gear.... good first person video of the wrap up though!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some seriously risky riding by the cop. That's a dangerous gig.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Brings back memories of the good old days when I was on motors (full dress HD) while a city police officer for 25+ years working mostly the inner city.

Very neat having the helmet cam too. We didn't have headsets, it was a bit of a challenge, riding, shifting and using the mic at the same time..

Gotta give the police a lot of kudo's, they behaved themselves with MUCH retraint in the take down! Alot of adreneline flowing!!

BTW, was that a BMW or Honda (motorcycle)?

adberns

Reaction score
Visit site
That was neat! At first, I was thinking how stupid it was to run from a bike cop -- no way can you go faster. Watching the cop, I see the downside - the officer is incredibly vulnerable. It was neat to watch him take such care at intersections, and then use the power of the bike to close the gap again.

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Great post! Thanks!

Really interesting the hear the calls and talk that the officer makes during the pursuit.

I found the speed a little deceiving, until I checked out the rev needle. :thumbup:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Yeah at about 2 min in he lets it rip through those local streets; I was getting nervous - but I've seen what these guys train through, so this is probably a cake walk.

Did he really have to chase him that long or did it become a matter of principal after a point?

Either way... mad respect :rockon:.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
The only nerve wracking part for me would be the road grime/sand/gravel and intersections. I would love to be able to legally ride like that

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The only nerve wracking part for me would be the road grime/sand/gravel and intersections. I would love to be able to legally ride like that

The riding is coming second nature to him.

He's concentrating on traffic about him (so he doesn't get hit), giving directions (streets, N,S, E and W) to dispatch and other officers. As noted above, that car can take out that bike ANYTIME HE WANTED TO. All he had to do was stop, and back over that motorcycle.

I found (as is likely here) the bad guy goes to an area where he can stop in an area he's familiar with, then blend in.

You'd be surprised how many folks would let that scum bag in the house, JUST because the police were after him (NOT KNOWING, what the guy actually did).. Saw it many times (inner city side of town).

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Very true, but I was also worried about how the cop was flying down the surface streets, especially in the neighborhoods. The chances for a vehicle backing out from a driveway or pulling out from nowhere he's a gonner at those speeds. Gave me the heebie jeebies.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool footage. What is that a Mazda 3? Always amazes me how these tool bags think they are going to outrun trained police and their radios in an econo-car.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you guys remember that tv show called "CHIPS"
This is like real life chips, awsome!

Uh huh, I do too:thumbup:
It was filmed mostly on the 2, 210, 118 and 5 fwy's in CA before they were open to the public, IIRC. Also, out near Piru, I forgot the name of that road tho.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Props to the cop, ridding a big pig like that takes skill.

I can't imagine riding like that in my Connie.

In this day and age I can't believe anybody would even care to outrun a cop.

Can you out run a helicopter?

I would rather pay the ticket and call it a day.

Though I imagine that this d-bag was trying outrun for more than a ticket, probably he was in possession of something at the time or was in violation of his parole.