Police Chase - Motorcycle Helmet Cam

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In the current "sue happy" society (at least in the US, in my state), depending on what the stop is for, the conditions, how the bad guy is driving, etc, its NOT UNUSUAL for a chase to be called off either by a supervisor or the officer himself. Rules and regulations's have changed significantly over time as society changes as well.

The bad guys driving was certainly very wreckless, I suspect, he was being stopped for something significant (stolen car, purse snatch, occupied burglary, etc). An expired tag, speeding, etc, would have most certainly had that chase ended much earlier..

Its really not worth the Officers life or that of a passerby's life. Depending on where you are, you certainly can indeed outrun a radio. A helicopter, not so much..

As for CHIPs, IMHO, that show was so un-realistic, chases were almost always just on the highway with little traffic, little if none, blown stop signs/traffic lights and if the guy ran on foot, it wasn't but a couple of feet...

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In case any one didn't notice, right around 3:32 (after the car runs off the road the first time), the officer turns off his ignition in preparation to hop off the bike and start a foot chase. When he sees the car continue, he also continues in one fluid motion, re-starting the bike and going at it again.

I'm a Peace Officer stuck in a crummy SUV and very much look forward to the days of getting paid to ride. Soon... soon. :D
I watch way too many police videos on youtube and that's how I found this one! :cheer:

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In case any one didn't notice, right around 3:32 (after the car runs off the road the first time), the officer turns off his ignition in preparation to hop off the bike and start a foot chase. When he sees the car continue, he also continues in one fluid motion, re-starting the bike and going at it again.

I'm a Peace Officer stuck in a crummy SUV and very much look forward to the days of getting paid to ride. Soon... soon. :D
I watch way too many police videos on youtube and that's how I found this one! :cheer:

Took me about 7 years to get to motors for about a year and a half. Had a ball, the three of us. It was friggin hot in the summer.

"Motors" were expendable, I got transferred when they needed another body for another specialty division... Rode for special occassions, parades, funerals, etc, after that as no one was full time "motors" after that. You also had to be certified (special training) for the police bike.

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm an officer too, but my department a few years back decided to get rid of the bikes due to liability. Officers were getting hurt in training, and then they missed work, and then there were man power issues...

And as townsend says, it is incredible when I tell people about chases. They think if they try and run from a cop on a basic traffic violation we will chase them. That is not the case. It needs to be more serious.

Also, not sure if anyone mentioned this but the camera's they are wearing are the contour cameras.

So, I'm sure in this case the vehicle was wanted for more than a traffic violation.

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm an officer too, but my department a few years back decided to get rid of the bikes due to liability. Officers were getting hurt in training, and then they missed work, and then there were man power issues...

And as townsend says, it is incredible when I tell people about chases. They think if they try and run from a cop on a basic traffic violation we will chase them. That is not the case. It needs to be more serious.

Also, not sure if anyone mentioned this but the camera's they are wearing are the contour cameras.

So, I'm sure in this case the vehicle was wanted for more than a traffic violation.

It couldn't be the same contour camera that I purchased. I had to send one back already due to the battery coming loose. And now it won't charge.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great vid to watch, i couldnt get over the way he got off the bike and bolted, in full gear. Here in adelaide there are bike cops everywhere, ours have even got the built in radar gun on the bikes to pick up on coming or same direction vehicles.
Can anyone tell what speeds he was reaching, i couldnt hear if he was telling dispatch.

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
It couldn't be the same contour camera that I purchased. I had to send one back already due to the battery coming loose. And now it won't charge.

It might be one specifically built/aimed towards law enforcement. If you pause the video towards the end, where the other motorcycle officer is in on the arrest, you can see the camera on his helmet.