Poking my head in the door to say "hi"

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Second on be careful with the power. My experience with scooters is limited to two days riding a scooter on the Amalfi coast in Italy. My wife was on the back taking photos. You will fine the FZ to be much more stable, not as quick to turn and heavier. Once above 30 it will be much better and not twitchy. As others have said keep the RPMs below 6 or 7 thousand till you get used to it. Above 8,000 stuff happens REAL quick. Not long after I got my 2004 FZ6, I went full throttle at 20 or 25. The front wheel came up a couple of feet so I chopped the throttle and slammed the front back down. Cause mine is the faster blue it will lift the front wheel a little during hard acceleration in first. That is with a several pound tank bag.

The FZ6 is top heavy so watch out at low speeds.

Last edited:

Ken's MKV

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG, its 60 and sunny out. (first warm day) and i dont have my FZ to ride around. eek!! Even if I would have it I friggin have to wait until mid may for my license. Getting it this monday.

Cheers
Ken

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Did someone say naked? Sounds tempting but first I need to get used to the bike. I am thinking some sidebags to start. Having had hooks on my scoot I will miss being able to carry anything. (ie. small grocery trip or school.) Any suggestions on soft bags?

Will be able to take some pics when I get it in 2 weeks.

Cheers
Ken

I have some nelson rigg bags and love them. I can fit about 4 average bags of groceries in them I usually only do three cause I put the vegetables and other crushables by themselves. If you have saddle bags and the cargo net you can also fit a 30 rack off coors on the back in addition to your groceries. I attached a pic with the nelson rigg bags on the bike

Last edited:

Ken's MKV

Reaction score
Visit site
I have some nelson rigg bags and love them. I can fit about 4 average bags of groceries in them I usually only do three cause I put the vegetables and other crushables by themselves. If you have saddle bags and the cargo net you can also fit a 30 rack off coors on the back in addition to your groceries. I attached a pic with the nelson rigg bags on the bike

Thanks for the pic and insight man. I used my scoot for so much; shopping, work and school so it was a DD. At least I can still carry some stuff around if need be. :thumbup:

Cheers
Ken

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

welcome to the forum... my vote is for hard side cases.. nice to be able to lock them and not have to worry to much.. heres a shot of them when i was motocamping...

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
I am jealous of those hard cases:drool::drool::drool:. Also I see you are following standard camping procedure with the cold coors

Last edited:

Ken's MKV

Reaction score
Visit site
Arrived today!! :)

Hey everyone!! I arrived today and looks awesome!! Its been pooring here in Milwaukee so its resting in the garage. I may have washed it though :) Here is a phone pic. :rockon:

web.jpg

Cheers
Ken