Poking my head in the door to say "hi"

Ken's MKV

Reaction score
Visit site
Poking my head in the door to say "hi" (pics)

Well, you guessed right, I am new to the forum. I live in Wisconsin and am getting off a Vespa LX50. After much debating I settled for the FZ6 because of the options it had; and not to mention the looks. I didn't want to get on a Harley because there are everywhere here Milwaukee, and I didn't want anything to fast. The BMW's were too $$ to the Yamaha seemed the best choice. Everyone is telling me its a great starter (6'2" and 200lbs) I will be using it as a commuter and fun rides. I think I was reaching my limits with my Vespa when it came to distance.

I have been riding my Vespa for about 6 years and figured I could graduate to something more. I found an electric blue 2006 with 16k on it and comes from a reputable bike shop in town (Jamies Customs to be more exact) I am taking my riders course in May so I am looking forward to it. In the mean while I wanted to say hi. Will post pics otherwise it didnt happen, right? ;)

Cheers
Ken

Last edited:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome....The power difference between the Vespa and the fizzer is negligible. The chicks will dig you more though.......:D

I didn't want to get on a Harley because there are everywhere here Milwaukee, and I didn't want anything to fast.

"Throttle pegged, the Vespa zips from 0-60 mph in 12.9 seconds"

FZ6 0-60 = 3.4 seconds

Dont for a second think this bike isnt fast. She'll kick you in the ass quick if you get complacent. Ride safe.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Ken's MKV! to the best forum on the web!

The FZ6 will surprise you. It's not really a starter bike and will give you loads of fun and service. When you start getting it around 8k and above it'll really start to show it true colors.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum!! Like what was just said, the fz6 isn't really a starter bike, but for some of us the fz6 was our first bike. Finish the msf course, and be genital with the throttle, and she'll treat you right! This is the most informative site about the fz6. Enjoy!

Ken's MKV

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, thanks for the welcomes. I knew I was getting into something powerful but I didn't care about power of this bike. I just wanted something to hold on to without trading in 2 years and putt around town with. hehe. I have the "basic" idea of how a motorized vehicle rides from my scoot (with traffic) so it shouldn't be to bad. I wouldn't get on without that training class. Unfortunately it will have to sit in my garage for 2 months :( Definitely looking forward to lurking around here. :)

Cheers
Ken

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, thanks for the welcomes. I knew I was getting into something powerful but I didn't care about power of this bike. I just wanted something to hold on to without trading in 2 years and putt around town with. hehe. I have the "basic" idea of how a motorized vehicle rides from my scoot (with traffic) so it shouldn't be to bad. I wouldn't get on without that training class. Unfortunately it will have to sit in my garage for 2 months :( Definitely looking forward to lurking around here. :)

Cheers
Ken
Lurk away then, you will learn a lot from here!

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum the blue is a great color choice I used to have the 04 Galaxy blue darker than the cobalt blue now I have a Raven (Black) 09 FZ6. You will love your choice and like every else has said be careful with her she will rock your world over 8k RPM's

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Too bad you didn't purchase the faster red version! :BLAA:

Seriously, really good information on this forum. Enjoy and be careful.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: You'll love your FZ6.
One of my friends has a Vrod, cool bike in general but has never let me behind and he tries. I'm not Harley expert but I think that is one of their "faster" bikes.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Did someone say blue '06? :thumbup:

Mine's gone from this:

IMG_2368.jpg

To this:

22.jpg

Capture.jpg

You'll love it, trust me. Just respect the power and she'll love you back for a long time! I did 4 seasons on mine with the fairing, but decided to go naked last February (a year ago), and I don't regret it a bit. I'm convinced, for the money, these are the best bikes out there. Powerful, great looking, bulletproof, and can handle just about anything you throw at them.

Welcome! :D

Ken's MKV

Reaction score
Visit site
Did someone say naked? Sounds tempting but first I need to get used to the bike. I am thinking some sidebags to start. Having had hooks on my scoot I will miss being able to carry anything. (ie. small grocery trip or school.) Any suggestions on soft bags?

Will be able to take some pics when I get it in 2 weeks.

Cheers
Ken