Photography Thread !!!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Humpy finally joined the L club lastnight :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: So freakin' excited & cant wait to start shooting with this baby :D :D :D

Canon+EF+70-200+F4+L+IS.jpg

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work mate :thumbup: What sort of shooting gear do you have ??

Thanks! Have a Canon T3i (600D) with a 18-55 and a 55-250. Both of those were shot with the 55-250 lens. So far I love the camera. Taking it this weekend on a fall color ride and around a scenic lake, so hopefully getting some good pics!

Also, congrats on the new purchase!! If you feel the need to part with any of your other lenses, I'll take them off your hands :rolleyes:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! Have a Canon T3i (600D) with a 18-55 and a 55-250. Both of those were shot with the 55-250 lens. So far I love the camera. Taking it this weekend on a fall color ride and around a scenic lake, so hopefully getting some good pics!

Also, congrats on the new purchase!! If you feel the need to part with any of your other lenses, I'll take them off your hands :rolleyes:

I have the same camera/kit. LOVE it, but still learning all the bells and whistles.

D

Dave.TX

I'm jealous, Humpy. My favorite lens is a Tamron 17-50mm I picked up earlier this year. Though not professional grade it does a great job. Used it at the Barber Motorsports Museum a few months back. Fast lenses are cool, no flash indoors mean really interesting lighting and such. I'd like to get a good zoom like that for my Sony some day. I have a Tamrom 28-250 also and it works good (not great). Of course the lenses you can get for Canon/Nikon are top quality.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm jealous, Humpy. My favorite lens is a Tamron 17-50mm I picked up earlier this year. Though not professional grade it does a great job. Used it at the Barber Motorsports Museum a few months back. Fast lenses are cool, no flash indoors mean really interesting lighting and such. I'd like to get a good zoom like that for my Sony some day. I have a Tamrom 28-250 also and it works good (not great). Of course the lenses you can get for Canon/Nikon are top quality.

That little Tamron is an amazing !!! & its on my wish list :) I believe the new Tamron 24-70mm beats it's Canon L rival :eek:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Was an absolutely gorgeous day for a fall color ride! There were so many times I wanted to stop for photos, but that would have taken all weekend.

Full album is here. A few of my favs...

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

Last edited:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
The girlfriend wanted pictures of her and the kids, so down to the park and river we went.

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

Others had the same idea we did!
IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

It was quite fun, trying out new techniques, getting the focus right, catching particular moments. etc. Just gotta keep practicing!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ I love seeing the different little rivers and streams all over the world - so much for any one to visit but here it is. . . Thanks for sharing!

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
^^ I love seeing the different little rivers and streams all over the world - so much for any one to visit but here it is. . . Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! We are in a severe drought, so what is usually a river, are now streams/creeks. And almost all of the usual streams/creeks are dried up. It's a good time to see what is usually covered up by water.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not any of my most artistic photo's but a day at the zoo with our 3 year old grand daughter was fantastic and exhausting.
And just to prove I'm not the hooligan you all think I am...

On-Grandpas-Shoulders.jpg

Grandpa teaching the "penguin walk"..

Penguin-Walk_web.jpg

And who "crashed" first...

Worn-out-Callie.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! We are in a severe drought, so what is usually a river, are now streams/creeks. And almost all of the usual streams/creeks are dried up. It's a good time to see what is usually covered up by water.

Take more pictures now and show the world later. . .

OR - Vice vs . . .
DSC_0939web.jpg

DSC_3850web.jpg

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dan why can't we see you fab work on tapatalk? I'm sat in the morning Sun waiting for the music shop to open. Pity I can't see your work.
Great thread keep it up.
Neil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2