Photography Thread !!!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought a might share a couple more of the V8 Supercars with you :thumbup:

Black & White tends to take the spectacle out of racing cars IMO but I think this & the JD car are an exception :thumbup:

Amazing shots! Good Job! :thumbup: :thumbup:

As for the Mt Pic, I took it while ago and thought it worthy of post. I should go back to that location and do one of the melty, as most of the snow is gone now.
Elevation: 11,250 feet (3,429 m)
Prominence: 7,707 feet (2,349 m)

Last edited:

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
DSC_0329.jpg

Absolutely awesome! Reminds me of Ranier although much different. How can you not like the Northwest? Been there many of times growing up.

Just out of curiosity how do you blow up the picture in a forum page, instead of just being a attachment?

Last edited:

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Just out of curiosity how do you blow up the picture in a forum page, instead of just being a attachment?

This old thread covers how to insert an attached image, full size, into the text of your post:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...-someone-help-me-post-pictures.html#post78921

If your pic is hosted someplace externally, like photobucket or flickr, such as the Mount Hood photo and others, above, you can skip to step 8 and insert the URL (e.g., "http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h305/73sport/Photos/DSC_0329.jpg") for the image using the "Insert Image" gizmo in the message editor tool bar.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the same mountain as of today's ride. Pardon the crappy cell phone pic but this is to compare to above. Its the same side from a closer vantage point. I'll get a better pic later. . .

View attachment 44332

EDIT: 2012-08-20 OMG - i could not for the life of me pint pin point where I took this photo from. . . Sadness!
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h305/73sport/Photos/DSC_0329.jpg

So here is the next best attempt at finding it.
DSC_5288.jpg

DSC_5279.jpg

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know these gals are harmless, but she didn't have to build her web right at my head level where the lawn mower had to go! :mad:

_DSC0011-3.jpg

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love seeing everything around at certain vantage points but the sun challenged my skill set. This was from a pogo stick and free hand pan.
MtHoodWestSideFromLoloPass2012-08-25.jpg
Reduced 73%!

D

Dave.TX

Humpy,

I'd vote 2nd or 3rd. You see planes in the air or on the ground but how many during takeoff or landing?

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know these gals are harmless, but she didn't have to build her web right at my head level where the lawn mower had to go! :mad:

_DSC0011-3.jpg

:rof: Don't you just hate that.... You just know she couldn't have got out of the way that fast & your neighbours think you have gone mad when you they watch you doing this frantic dance all over the yard :BLAA: :rof: rof:

D

Dave.TX

Took these the other day. Most of the cotton fields around here have already been harvested, this is one of the last holdouts. Waaaaay in the background is an old church on the hill.

DSC00008a.jpg

DSC00005a-1.jpg

DSC00004a.jpg

DSC00003a.jpg

Being the amateur that I am I realized after getting home how hard it is to frame an object without the wild contrast behind it (i.e. white cotton). I did love the puffy clouds in the wide shot. Not sure they were produced by hurricane Isaac as it was still pretty far off but the weather is cooky around here.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: Don't you just hate that.... You just know she couldn't have got out of the way that fast & your neighbours think you have gone mad when you they watch you doing this frantic dance all over the yard :BLAA: :rof: rof:

I have done that SPIDER DANCE before!!! :rofl:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dave, I love that first cottonfield shot too, the way the cumulus kind've echo the cotton.
I see the church in the background, but "hill"?? :D

D

Dave.TX

Dave, I love that first cottonfield shot too, the way the cumulus kind've echo the cotton.
I see the church in the background, but "hill"?? :D

I know, I know. It's pretty flat out there but it does drop off then come back up and the church does sit on a high point in the area. All in all the elevation change is probably 30 feet or so from the lowest spot to where the church is. It was built in 1923.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Spent the weekend shooting something VERY different to what I'm used to but was stoked with the results , hope you are too :D

Natural Bridge , Numinbah Valley QLD

IMG_4826_wm.jpg

From another angle :thumbup:

IMG_4841_wm.jpg

And another ;)

IMG_4862_wm.jpg

And for the final shot..................

Burleigh Heads , Gold Coast QLD... looking north towards Surfers Paradise :rockon:

IMG_4965-2_wm.jpg

Last edited: