Photography Thread !!!

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
All these pics here are awesome! I just ordered a DSLR yesterday :rockon: and will be here on Monday. Can't wait 'till I'm a "pro" like you guys and take awesome pictures like the ones in this thread :thumbup:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
All these pics here are awesome! I just ordered a DSLR yesterday :rockon: and will be here on Monday. Can't wait 'till I'm a "pro" like you guys and take awesome pictures like the ones in this thread :thumbup:

Here's a suggestion for you, or anyone, if you're just getting into the land of SLR or DSLR cameras. Check out the book "Understanding Exposure." I've had several people recommend it to me, and as I work through it, all the numbers and settings on the camera are starting to make sense to me.

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Beth , I really am quite proud of it :D....

and definitely, you have the reason to do it:thumbup:

Initially, when I looked at the first pic it seemed to me that this is the light is pouring from the sky, but when I looked at other pics I understood that this is waterfall. I was really surprised with that. Awesome pics, really!!!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 those are stunning pics Daniel

and definitely, you have the reason to do it:thumbup:

Initially, when I looked at the first pic it seemed to me that this is the light is pouring from the sky, but when I looked at other pics I understood that this is waterfall. I was really surprised with that. Awesome pics, really!!!

Thankyou very much for the kind words my friends , it makes it so much easier when you enjoy what you do :thumbup:

D

Dave.TX

Daniel, is it me or is your last pic a little tilted? As I was scrolling down the horizon (waterline) wasn't level with my screen. Maybe an optical illusion. Otherwise they are fantastic.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Daniel, is it me or is your last pic a little tilted? As I was scrolling down the horizon (waterline) wasn't level with my screen. Maybe an optical illusion. Otherwise they are fantastic.

Your right :D I really should update the pic because I have fixed the horizon since I posted it :thumbup: I was so happy with the shot I didnt notice it at first :rolleyes:

In fact I will go do that right now ;)

Updated pic is now posted :thumbup:

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Upper Nerang River , this afternoon :thumbup:

IMG_5002_wm_zps826bab03.jpg

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Humpy, how do you keep the exposure from being out of control when you keep the shutter on longer to get that kind of effects? I tried to waterfall effect, but couldnt keep the exposure in check... very nice shot btw :)

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Went to Santa Margherita/Portofino with the GF this weekend so I finally got a chance to remove the cobwebs from my cannon and shot these..

OMPaR.jpg

398p6.jpg

w4Lc5.jpg

jvnIY.jpg

iBB2V.jpg

jiA4G.jpg

Last 2 are just me playing around with shapes and colors and testing my GF's patience. She didn't seem to mind sticking around with the retard that everyone was staring at while he kept on shooting the wall for 20 minutes :rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Humpy, how do you keep the exposure from being out of control when you keep the shutter on longer to get that kind of effects? I tried to waterfall effect, but couldnt keep the exposure in check... very nice shot btw :)

What.... And give up all my secrets ??? :BLAA:

:justkidding:....... In this shot I used a #8 ND (natural density) filter which for those who dont know is basically like putting a pair of sunglasses on your lens :thumbup:

You can also use a polarising filter in shade & get a similar effect.....

And lastly you use the lowest ISO possible & the highest f-stop setting your camera has... Remember BIG f-stop = small hole which allows for a slower shutter but a tripod is essential...... Hope this helped ya :D

Ohh yeah & thanks for the kind words...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went to Santa Margherita/Portofino with the GF this weekend so I finally got a chance to remove the cobwebs from my cannon and shot these..

iBB2V.jpg

Last 2 are just me playing around with shapes and colors and testing my GF's patience. She didn't seem to mind sticking around with the retard that everyone was staring at while he kept on shooting the wall for 20 minutes :rockon::rockon:

Keep playing I say...... This is AMAZING :thumbup: :rockon:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, finally have had a little time to play with my new camera. Here are a few that I think are neat (at least to a beginner they are!).

Obligatory bike picture
IMG_0931.JPG

My first moon picture, I like the moon!
IMG_0938.JPG