Painted "Eyelids" anyone?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i have some scrapes on the "eyelids" (Plastic peice that goes above and around the headlights) and instead of buying new i want to try painting them (08+ have them a dark charcoal grey). Has anyone painted them on the 07 Blue and if so what colors? If you could post pics that would be great!

I know i have seen black and silver, but it would be nice to have all the pictures consolidated into one spot so i can decide.

Thank you

Try here:

Paint Search :: Color Results - ColorRite

Colorrite is a little overpriced, but the colors are matched.

Yeah, i know that i can do the same color, but figured that while i was painting them, i might want to either grey them, black them, silver them, other color them instead. I thought i had settled on black, but this picture made me second guess it... although it is a bad picture of the silver.

25055d1265843270-sucks-dsc01378.jpg

Sorry, didn't see that you were looking for a different color. IMO, black eyelids look great with any color and would match the frame. If it was a different color, it might look a little funky with the black frame, but that's just my opinion.

Is it pretty easy to take the eyebrows off? I was almost thinking of yellow for my dark blue. I know, too crazy looking. Maybe silver to be more subtle.

Thanks,

Dennis

i think gloss black on the eyelids and above gloss black would look good :D

Not sure if i would be going above the eyebrows for now, but so far i am leaning towards black, however if i can get a better picture of the silver that woud be great.

Here's an idea I came up with for you Rob. :thumbup: You can use lime green or some other exotic color as well. :D

attachment.php

Seriously, I think you should go to HD and grab a bunch of the paint card samples and start matching them up with the fairing and see what blends or contrasts the best, then go get the ColorRite color that is a match of very close to it.

Yeah, i know that i can do the same color, but figured that while i was painting them, i might want to either grey them, black them, silver them, other color them instead. I thought i had settled on black, but this picture made me second guess it... although it is a bad picture of the silver.

25055d1265843270-sucks-dsc01378.jpg

This looks familiar, hey, that's my bike. Maybe I'm color blind but I thought they were black. Here is a better pic. Am I wrong?

I painted mine flat black. I think it looks better than the factory shiny-er black.
Lol. My 2008 has the bike metallic black and the eyebrows are matt black. I've been wanting to paint them shiny black to match the rest of the bike. :) We could have just swapped!!! :rockon:

Lol. My 2008 has the bike metallic black and the eyebrows are matt black. I've been wanting to paint them shiny black to match the rest of the bike. :) We could have just swapped!!! :rockon:

Mine's a 2008 as well... I think they are the same part.. I said shiny-er cause they were far from gloss, but not a "true" matte. I just painted them to make them a true matte.

Back