Painted "Eyelids" anyone?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i have some scrapes on the "eyelids" (Plastic peice that goes above and around the headlights) and instead of buying new i want to try painting them (08+ have them a dark charcoal grey). Has anyone painted them on the 07 Blue and if so what colors? If you could post pics that would be great!

I know i have seen black and silver, but it would be nice to have all the pictures consolidated into one spot so i can decide.

Thank you

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Try here:

Paint Search :: Color Results - ColorRite

Colorrite is a little overpriced, but the colors are matched.

Yeah, i know that i can do the same color, but figured that while i was painting them, i might want to either grey them, black them, silver them, other color them instead. I thought i had settled on black, but this picture made me second guess it... although it is a bad picture of the silver.

25055d1265843270-sucks-dsc01378.jpg

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, didn't see that you were looking for a different color. IMO, black eyelids look great with any color and would match the frame. If it was a different color, it might look a little funky with the black frame, but that's just my opinion.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it pretty easy to take the eyebrows off? I was almost thinking of yellow for my dark blue. I know, too crazy looking. Maybe silver to be more subtle.

Thanks,

Dennis

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think gloss black on the eyelids and above gloss black would look good :D

Not sure if i would be going above the eyebrows for now, but so far i am leaning towards black, however if i can get a better picture of the silver that woud be great.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's an idea I came up with for you Rob. :thumbup: You can use lime green or some other exotic color as well. :D

attachment.php

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously, I think you should go to HD and grab a bunch of the paint card samples and start matching them up with the fairing and see what blends or contrasts the best, then go get the ColorRite color that is a match of very close to it.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, i know that i can do the same color, but figured that while i was painting them, i might want to either grey them, black them, silver them, other color them instead. I thought i had settled on black, but this picture made me second guess it... although it is a bad picture of the silver.

25055d1265843270-sucks-dsc01378.jpg

This looks familiar, hey, that's my bike. Maybe I'm color blind but I thought they were black. Here is a better pic. Am I wrong?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I painted mine flat black. I think it looks better than the factory shiny-er black.
Lol. My 2008 has the bike metallic black and the eyebrows are matt black. I've been wanting to paint them shiny black to match the rest of the bike. :) We could have just swapped!!! :rockon:

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol. My 2008 has the bike metallic black and the eyebrows are matt black. I've been wanting to paint them shiny black to match the rest of the bike. :) We could have just swapped!!! :rockon:

Mine's a 2008 as well... I think they are the same part.. I said shiny-er cause they were far from gloss, but not a "true" matte. I just painted them to make them a true matte.