OMG nearly 3 crashes

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Great control in the sand pit with that tire wall coming up really fast...awesome dirt bike skills! :rockon:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
That is pretty insane. And it reminds me of this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkYKFZEeEE4&feature=feedrec_grec_index]IMPOSSIBLE crash save. - YouTube[/ame]

Can't decide which one is more impossible :eek:

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Both of those videos are incredible. I had not seen the first one before, but McLovin's one has made the rounds I think.

EDIT: I hasten to add, and this applies with cars/other vehicles as well as bikes:

It just goes to show you, NEVER give up on driving out of a bad situation. You obviously can't save yourself in all situations (or maybe not in any except a small minority) but always stay committed to the turn, the braking, etc. - whatever the situation calls for. I have definitely had a few times, early on, in the local mountains where I was certain that I was done for, having blown a turn. Every time I have saved it even though I had that sinking "oh sh*t, I'm crashing" panic feeling in my stomach. You have to swallow that feeling, and attempt to relax and focus. It is absolutely critical to believe you can make it through the turn/stop in time/etc.

One time we were riding downhill (mountain bikes) up in Big Bear in the summertime, and it was one of my first times. I was going what turned out to be way, way too fast for this one turn and suddenly I was very rapidly approaching a sheer cliff drop-off. I applied as much brakes as I could, and steered as much as I could, and barely avoided a plunge.

/soapbox

Last edited: