Olive Oil

I use a chain cleaning brush I picked up from cycle gear. It looks kind of like a over sized tooth brush but with bristles in he shape of a "U" so 3 sides of the chain can be cleaned at the same time. It also has some longer stiffer bristles on the opposite side to use in other spots. Ive used it a bunch and it works great!!! It looks very similar to this View attachment 42798

+1 on the above.

BTW, the "Grunge brush" is now available in aluminum... I broke my plastic one and they replaced it, no questions asked with a new aluminum one, great customer service. (It was very hard to track down the actual manufacturer)

The manual says to use kerosine to clean the chain. I use it with ordinary paint brush, getting a not bad result. Of course, for a really dirty chain, you need to brush more times from various angles.

yes kerosene is recommended because it doesn't degrade 0, x , z rings, i use motul chain clean, its a spray on dry degreaser, and always works for me, it uses the whole can when particularly dirty though, also a good chain brush works well too

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 16
Back