Older riders with the FZ6(first post)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 64 and have ridden on and off since I was 17.

I'm about a level 2 on the bike knowledge to beard ratio but shooting for level 4...Blah
bnw+B+to+B+ratio.jpg

I guess I'm third stage I've gone as far as restoring a 1968 Norton Fastback just for the challenge and after a year of work and untold amounts of expensive, imported parts I decided I was more of a "push the starter button" and ride kind of guy. :( :Flip:
And I can't grow a beard to save my life anyway.....

Last edited:

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
54 very soon. Bought the 2004 FZ6 five years ago for the kids to practice on in pursuit of their licenses, and for an alternative to my 2001 Kawasaki Voyager (still have and ride it). Two of the kids are married and live states away, and the youngest son, a fellow motorcycle mental case, is in the Navy states away. I have four bikes and, when I need to feel like the kid I think I am, I ride the piss out of the FZ.

I love the bike as an old guys compromise between a naked standard and a sport bike. I have a taller windscreen since I don't like the buffeting and the bar risers sit me up enough to protect my creaky wrists and shoulders. What is not to love about this motorcycle?

A.T.G.A.T.T.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
is late forties "older?" maybe it is but back to that later

i suppose my choice of "first bike" after a few years on scooters had something to do with my age, and something not. having never rode a "big bike" / motorcycle before i knew what kind of rider i was based on my urban environment and that i wanted more POWAH!

so i wanted a fast bike that handled well at low speeds, lane split well, and could reach 90mph+ on local freeways without breaking a sweat. the FZ6 just seemed the right choice given my criteria, and had the upright riding position i prefer. so fast bike with practical ergos that goes like stink up to 130mph but also handles splitting and filtering well, unlike many supersports on account of their steering geometry

after reading about the FZ6 the choice seemed obvious as it seemed the most "sporty" when put next to an SV650s, Ninja 650r, FZ6r, etc

is the FZ6 an "old man's supersport," or can it be? maybe

just careful who you're calling OLD!!

Last edited:

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Older riders with the FZ6(first post)EDIT-FZ1

I'm 68 years young tomorrow morning. Too young to know better, too old to care. Every time I my tach climbs over 9K, I feel like 21 again! Of course, after a long ride, I do feel every inch of my age. Ride safe - keep the shiny side up.