ohlins rear suspension!

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
haha true enough, the front fork is terrible... after collecting the bike in a week's time i went back to the local yamaha to complain about the front fork. But the Yamaha guys gave me tonnes of bullshyt to buzz me off.. So I actually serviced my fork less dan a week old... change the Oil and got better grades oil and increase the quantity. got better for awhile... but after 2years, It has soften again... I'm still thinking whether should I go for the Spring upgrade or R6 fork conversion...

Yea guys do arrange for a meet up one day! we can all get amazed by one another's bike
haha

Yos!!

If u decide to get the ohlins spring upgfrade do let me know.. lets see if we can gather some interest and negotiate for a better price :)

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
yup, that would definitely help as well. you can change the front fork spring first, if still not satisfied with the handling then can consider to change the rear suspension.

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
Please give ordering info, link and price and how long it takes to get to you.

I just got Hyper Pro's and 15wt up front and it really changed the bike. Now I'm thinking this for the rear. I have the Hyper Pro rear spring and not installed it yet. I'm enjoying what I got so far.

I just wonder if this mated with my front springs will be ok.

Thanks,

Dennis

ps. thanks for the pics.

Hi Dennis

As mentioned in your post, you only changed the front for springs without touching your rear suspension??

If so, how did the bike handled??

I just placed a deposit for ohlins front fork spring but am keeping my rear suspension stock at the moment and was wondering if you experienced any instability or non compliance in the bike's handling

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Dennis

As mentioned in your post, you only changed the front for springs without touching your rear suspension??

If so, how did the bike handled??

I just placed a deposit for ohlins front fork spring but am keeping my rear suspension stock at the moment and was wondering if you experienced any instability or non compliance in the bike's handling

Wow farish also go for the Fork upgrade?
I just spent a bomb on servicing... got to give some time for my bank to recover...

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow farish also go for the Fork upgrade?
I just spent a bomb on servicing... got to give some time for my bank to recover...

i just placed a deposit for the fork springs..thats all..will get it installed with change of fork oil, oil seals and dust cover, when the item is in

Terri_One

Reaction score
Visit site
HI guys, i am from Singapore too. I upgraded the fork springs to Traxxion. Total charges including a thorough cleaning of the internals come to S$300 plus a little. Bike now handles great, brake dive largely reduced. I added the fork brace and the bike is even better. cant be happier. my rear shock is still stock. i am hunting for a penske unit so i can compare the differences between my bike and Yoshiki's Ohlins set-up one day.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
HI guys, i am from Singapore too. I upgraded the fork springs to Traxxion. Total charges including a thorough cleaning of the internals come to S$300 plus a little. Bike now handles great, brake dive largely reduced. I added the fork brace and the bike is even better. cant be happier. my rear shock is still stock. i am hunting for a penske unit so i can compare the differences between my bike and Yoshiki's Ohlins set-up one day.
yup definitely! we will meet up soon!

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site

Yo Terri...just got a quote for Ohlins rear shock Ya723 (same model yoshiki)..its going $1088 as quoted by Dylan from Sporting Motors. The usual price was 12XX.

Do check it out if you are interested. I am going for rear springs as well 2@ $120 or $280 for a rebuilt with ohlins springs :rockon:

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site

What fork brace are u using?? Will be getting Super brace in the future ( but not anytime soon).

@ yoshiki and terrione! Me and my boys from SBF Fazers have regularly met ups @ Lavendar food court from 8.30 pm every tuesdays.
Do drop by when you are free.Feel free to drop me a text@ 93840069.

Last edited:

Terri_One

Reaction score
Visit site
Fork Brace by Superbrace. Its a good investment.

What fork brace are u using?? Will be getting Super brace in the future ( but not anytime soon).

@ yoshiki and terrione! Me and my boys from SBF Fazers have regularly met ups @ Lavendar food court from 8.30 pm every tuesdays.
Do drop by when you are free.Feel free to drop me a text@ 93840069.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
You may want to check on something with your rear shock. I found that I couldnt easily adjust the rebound on the shock. (black knob on the lower shock shaft) I had to take a dremel and cut the hugger in order reach it.

Also, there was no way to get the spanner wrench around the adjusters on the shock with out cutting that underseat compartment.

Did you have the same issues?

-bryan

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
from the catelogue actually S2 only comes with just 1 model. while for s1 there are 2 models available, the difference between the 2 models is one comes with height adjustment while the other doesn't... In Singapore the price difference for the additional of height adjustment is less than SG$100... haha high chance this will be my next upcoming...

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
installing the springs tomorrow..will update the final price

the front springs cost almost S$360 with installation. The package consisted of
-ohlins front fork spring
-ohlins 10 w fork oil
-labour
-seals

The rear spring cost S$125
-rear spring
-labour

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
the front springs cost almost S$360 with installation. The package consisted of
-ohlins front fork spring
-ohlins 10 w fork oil
-labour
-seals

The rear spring cost S$125
-rear spring
-labour

you intend to just change the springs alone for rear shocks? not gonna change the full thing?

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
you intend to just change the springs alone for rear shocks? not gonna change the full thing?

yup i dis changed springs for the rear...together with the front fork kit , i am digging the difference in feel.

Well might change to the entire rear shock system when budget allows