Nub

vkray

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to all you guessed it im a new guy, with questions. Please anyone with info respond. FZ1 or FZ6? What do I look for in wear and tear? Im moving from a Kawasaki Concours to either the FZ6 or the FZ1 so clue me in?
Thanks ?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tough to make a recommendation without you telling us what you're looking for in a bike, but here are some general points:
Both bikes are pretty much bullet-proof, as far as I know. Unless you're getting one with really high miles, there's nothing specific to look for in terms of wear n tear.. just the standard list.
FZ1: loads of powerful. Lower RPMs on highway. Less vibration. A bit of a guzzler.
FZ6: plenty of power. Lighter (though not by much). Very respectable fuel eco.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Tough to make a recommendation without you telling us what you're looking for in a bike, but here are some general points:
Both bikes are pretty much bullet-proof, as far as I know. Unless you're getting one with really high miles, there's nothing specific to look for in terms of wear n tear.. just the standard list.
FZ1: loads of powerful. Lower RPMs on highway. Less vibration. A bit of a guzzler.
FZ6: plenty of power. Lighter (though not by much). Very respectable fuel eco.

FZ1: Honkin' HUGE exhaust. Fully adjustable suspension. More $$.
FZ6: Slick looking under seat exhaust. Damping rod fork and pre-load only shock.

Tim

vkray

Reaction score
Visit site
I am lookin for a bike that I can take on a long cruise and not be totally wiped at the end o the day. I can ride at 75 to 80 MPH and get no or very little vibes, and of course something tha is fun to ride.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am lookin for a bike that I can take on a long cruise and not be totally wiped at the end o the day. I can ride at 75 to 80 MPH and get no or very little vibes, and of course something tha is fun to ride.

If you don't mind getting about 32-34mpg at that speed, my vote would be for FZ1.

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought the FZ6! :thumbup:

A guy that I ride with has both the FZ1 and FZ6. I asked him which bike he enjoyed riding most. He told me the FZ6 was by far more fun and added that a FZ1 could not pull away from the FZ6 on the twisties. Straight line (boring), that is another story. He recommended the FZ6, so that is the route I went.

Happy!

:rockon:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to all you guessed it im a new guy, with questions. Please anyone with info respond. FZ1 or FZ6? What do I look for in wear and tear? Im moving from a Kawasaki Concours to either the FZ6 or the FZ1 so clue me in?
Thanks ?

What tore you away from the Concours? I thought those were great touring machines...

vkray

Reaction score
Visit site
I honeastly did not ever like the bike my riding buddy, says you got to get the Concours, you will love it. Wrong I made many changes to fit me, and I still was not happy with it. My biggest complaint was the death wobble I got behind a big rig 18 wheeler. I put on the forkbrace for the front forks and it helped a little but not enough for me so I got rid of it, yea! NOw I got me an FZ6, yea! I slept with it last night>:Flash::Flash: