Next bike - Euro supersport

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
From the looks of my bike, it's bordering the limit of total loss, with just around 5k miles on it, and a slew of mods. In the event that it is a total drop, I'm going to have an opportunity to pickup a Triumph or a Ducati at seriously reduced prices because of my job.

Right now I'm hopping back and forth between the

09 Triumph Daytona 675 - Jet black (this exhaust, but black body)
t_17449.jpg

09 Ducati 848 - Pearl White
848.jpg

While the Duc is one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen, and definitely not lacking in power, I'm not entirely feeling the lower revlimits of the 848, the slightly higher pricetag/maintainence requirements. I do love the single sided swingarm though!

The daytona has its flaws as well. Number one being that it's a Triumph.....(personal reasons for this comment, but important nonetheless).

Although the extra cost of the duc, rolled into the purchase of the daytona would definitely be a VERY nice bike...
--slipper, zard gp full system, woodcraft case covers, gilles/woodcraft/arrow adjustable rearsets, flushmounts, fender elim, asv levers about match the stock duc

I'm already listing mods for both, as it would become my track/street dual purpose bike once the summer comes around.

any opinions either way? comments?

Last edited:

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
The 848 is prettier........................ and it is a Ducati come on. You should not even have to think twice..........:spank:

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Daytona for my mind :drool: , sweet sweet sweet (love that triple sound) , ridiculous servicing fee's on the Ducati......

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uuh6sYr4IZ4&feature=related"]YouTube - Daytona 675 Ixil[/ame]

W

wrightme43

You know I would have to buy the 848, and just learn to maintain it. The info exists, people do it everyday, and its just a machine. If someone can build it, someone else can too.

The triumph is super sweet, but the Ducati is a Ducati. LOL

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
You know I would have to buy the 848, and just learn to maintain it. The info exists, people do it everyday, and its just a machine. If someone can build it, someone else can too.

The triumph is super sweet, but the Ducati is a Ducati. LOL

Ridiculous servicing fees? on the ducs? No way. Very few valves are out of spec with the current testastretta and DS1000/1100 engines. I see them all the time.

And working for duc has its perks....but just looking through insurance quotes may seal the deal for the 675 or neither....damn insurance rates...

i should have played hurt!

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a 675 for my brother last month. AWESOME machine. Sounds incredible with the Two Bros exhaust and it is gorgeous. I've seen both the 675 and the Ducati side by side and I like the 675 looks better, although the female riding the 848 (pearl white paint) made the Ducati more attractive :thumbup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnHKObN7BAw"]YouTube - Riding home New Bike higher res[/ame]

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
While I was in LA this weekend, While splitting lanes in heavy traffic, I came across a beautiful red Ducati. At the light, I pulled up next to him and asked what kind of bike it was it he said it was a MultiStrada. He said he was looking to sell it, I should have gotten his number. Stupid me. That's going to be my next bike, if I can ever afford one. Not too familiar with the 848's, but I really liked the Multistrada, so much that I'm heading down to the Ducati Dealership here in Vegas in the near future.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go the Duc.......looks better, better resale value...just as long as you dont mind a noisy motor.....

:rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^Sawblade, did you fall and hit your head recently??? The Guzzi isn't in the same zip code as the other two bikes.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^Sawblade, did you fall and hit your head recently??? The Guzzi isn't in the same zip code as the other two bikes.

LOL! Nothing like getting straight to the point, Steve! But you are 100% correct.only thing that is remotely common to at least the duc, is that they are both V-Twins(although one is across the frame).

Still think it's a "no contest" fight, the 848 is by far the better bike- sound,handling, power delivery,suspension spec,breeding,re-sale,looks,prestige.

CAn triumph list any world championship victories in the forseeable past?ducati only has about 14 that I can think of.

Can you tell I like Ducati's!
:thumbup:

F

FZSex

Had bad experience with a triumph st this year but I know its not the norm.

Id say Duc but for me personally, it would ne neither. Lack of dealership support around here but I'm sure in NY that may be a nonissue.

Plus I'm 36 - daddy likes to be comfie

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I like both bikes but I hate the ducati sound. It's loud ALL the time. Too annoying for my taste. I saw a white 675 a few months back and it looked great. REALLY nice.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
as much as i love ducati's i am not sure i would want the maintenance costs, maintenance schedule or riding possition, i fell in love with the 675 when it came out and i would love to own one, then again I also fell in love with the 848 when i saw that one for the first time...

If you put them both in front of me and told me i could take either one for a week i would run full tilt at the Duc. On the other hand if you did the same thing but told me that i would have to maintain them both i would pick the trumpet because I would rather be riding than wrenching... and that's why i have a YAMAHA ;)

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Although I would give man parts to have the Ducati I think the Ducati would be more of a weekend bike. If i was getting a bike that I would be riding all the time I would go with the Triumph.

Just my $0.02 pay no attention

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
take it from a guy who owns a ducati (not and 848) get the 848 I have spent some time on a demo 848 . it was a great bike the only thing that makes it and every day bike is bar risers. Heli bars are the one's that people I know get . you will love that bike it is a great ride and don't let the maintance cost scare you . most of the stuff that is done on that motor you can do yourself very easly .and if you have a good dealer they can help you out with learning how to do it