New Turn Signals

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so I need a little advice here.
I want to get new turn signals, both front and rear, but can't decide which ones will work and also look good. I do not want flush mounted ones.
These are a couple that I am looking at:

1)LED TURN SIGNAL BLACK AMBER GSX-R R1 ZX10 CBR on eBay.ca (item 330346066268 end time 18-Sep-09 01:32:54 EDT)

2)Yamaha R1 R6 YZF 600 FZR 1000 FZ Stalk Turn Signals LED on eBay.ca (item 350101032482 end time 17-Sep-09 12:23:26 EDT)

3)YAMAHA YZF 600 1000 R6 R1 FZ1 FZ6 Black Turn Signals on eBay.ca (item 230364039705 end time 03-Sep-09 11:45:44 EDT)

What do you all think?
Thanks!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, if you want GOOD signals that drivers around you can actually SEE, you should invest a bit more money and get something like a set of these Rizoma signals:

PJs Parts

I cannot tell you how damn bright these things are. Even in direct sunlight on a cloudless day, they're brighter than any signal I've ever seen personally. Sure, you can go with some $10 signal made in Hong Kong, but you truly do get what you pay for.

Others are probably going to say they've got the ones you listed and say they're fine...and maybe they are. But when it comes to something like turn signals (that are all about safety and other drivers SEEING you), fine doesn't cut it for me.

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm ordering a set of Rizoma's very soon! (front and rear!) They are very nice...Cost 10 times as much, but are really worth the extra little bit.

ross_mct

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to let you know, I had a pair of the 2)Yamaha R1 R6 YZF 600 FZR 1000 FZ Stalk Turn Signals LED on eBay.ca (item 350101032482 end time 17-Sep-09 12:23:26 EDT) signals and they kept breaking off at the rubber tube bits.. I had them fitted and within my first long trip with them they broke and were hanging by the cable. Maybe it was a bad pair, who knows.. I think the first 1 looks cool, I've gone completely flush mounted and love the clean look but i understand you concern about seeing them. Sometimes i think you have to be pretty switched on to see them but hey, I like 'em.. Good luck with the choice and safe ridin!

DamiaRhan

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, if you want GOOD signals that drivers around you can actually SEE, you should invest a bit more money and get something like a set of these Rizoma signals:

PJs Parts

I cannot tell you how damn bright these things are. Even in direct sunlight on a cloudless day, they're brighter than any signal I've ever seen personally. Sure, you can go with some $10 signal made in Hong Kong, but you truly do get what you pay for.

Others are probably going to say they've got the ones you listed and say they're fine...and maybe they are. But when it comes to something like turn signals (that are all about safety and other drivers SEEING you), fine doesn't cut it for me.

I have the Rizoma Avio- 21's... well worth the extra cash :rockon:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
You guys have really got me thinking about chaging to Rizoma LED singals front and rear!

Question - when you guys put them on (Rizomas), are they already pre-resistored for slower flash rates or did you put in a LED signal realy inplace of the stock signal realy? Just curious as to how to wire them in.

Thanks

Edit: Never mind. Checked the link to PJ's site and see they each come with a 'load box'. Guess I'll add these to my 'wish list'.

Last edited:

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Rizoma Zero 11 on my rear. They are awsome, super bright look really cool. I am always impressed buy Rizoma stuff, thats why I keep buying it. They come with two resistors per light, and we need two for our 21w system. when you think about it you can spend min. $50 on signals, then $20 per set of resistors. So that $90, min. so far. I payed $110CAD for my Zeros And I'll never hafta get another set. Unless I bail, but then signals are least of my worries LOL. Oh yeah, you'll need to get some adapters to go from stock sig. connectors to bullet style connectors $15. For Boneman, if you want to check mine out we could meet up sometime. I order my Rizoma stuff from Eurocoursa in Ont. so everything is aready in Cad. funds.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
I have Rizoma Zero 11 on my rear. They are awsome, super bright look really cool. I am always impressed buy Rizoma stuff, thats why I keep buying it. They come with two resistors per light, and we need two for our 21w system. when you think about it you can spend min. $50 on signals, then $20 per set of resistors. So that $90, min. so far. I payed $110CAD for my Zeros And I'll never hafta get another set. Unless I bail, but then signals are least of my worries LOL. Oh yeah, you'll need to get some adapters to go from stock sig. connectors to bullet style connectors $15. For Boneman, if you want to check mine out we could meet up sometime. I order my Rizoma stuff from Eurocoursa in Ont. so everything is aready in Cad. funds.

I was planning on getting the Zero 11 here soon as well.

Bonus: $20 for resistors?! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Dude, if all it is is a resistor, then you've been had. 1W resistors are about $0.20 each, and you can get 10-15 watters for about $3 online. OR you can take the proper route, and leave the resistors/loadbalancers off (assuming your LED light doesnt need it for voltage reasons) and replace the flasher relay. That way you get the energy savings of the LEDs too!
Always bugs me when people put resistors on LEDs to fix the load/flashrate. For me LEDs have two benefits, instant on/off and 1/100 the power draw. When you slap a resistor into the circuit you just make the circuit draw the same power it did when the incandescent was there, thus eliminating one of the LED's benefits.

Last edited:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I was planning on getting the Zero 11 here soon as well.

Bonus: $20 for resistors?! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Dude, if all it is is a resistor, then you've been had. 1W resistors are about $0.20 each, and you can get 10-15 watters for about $3 online. OR you can take the proper route, and leave the resistors/loadbalancers off (assuming your LED light doesnt need it for voltage reasons) and replace the flasher relay. That way you get the energy savings of the LEDs too!
Always bugs me when people put resistors on LEDs to fix the load/flashrate. For me LEDs have two benefits, instant on/off and 1/100 the power draw. When you slap a resistor into the circuit you just make the circuit draw the same power it did when the incandescent was there, thus eliminating one of the LED's benefits.

The only advantage I have observed for the incandescant, is the much wider angle of view for the light source.....

Seems silly, to lose visiblity, and lose the same wattage, as well.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i really like the rizmo's, but have a slight issue with them not having a running light. i think the video at the bottom of pj's really shows how great and visible they are, its just too bad they dont come with a 2nd led at like maybe half brightness for a running light.. I would buy them now if they had an option...

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
i really like the rizmo's, but have a slight issue with them not having a running light. i think the video at the bottom of pj's really shows how great and visible they are, its just too bad they dont come with a 2nd led at like maybe half brightness for a running light.. I would buy them now if they had an option...

You can just add in an additional realy on each front signal and have them work as running lights as well!!! I did this with my Watsens (also 2 wire). The realy acts like the 3rd wire needed for having them on all the time!

Check out my wiring diagram here to do it: http://www.bonemanfz6.com/Images/mods/watsen/LED wiring.jpg

wstcstguy

Reaction score
Visit site

PJs Parts

where do i find the part numbers for an '06 fz6?

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can just add in an additional realy on each front signal and have them work as running lights as well!!! I did this with my Watsens (also 2 wire). The realy acts like the 3rd wire needed for having them on all the time!

Check out my wiring diagram here to do it: http://www.bonemanfz6.com/Images/mods/watsen/LED wiring.jpg

its not that, i wish there was a seperate led. so i dont have to worry about the lifespan of the blinker :)

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the "A" option on the back and a pair of rizomas on the front. There is a world of difference. Folks I know checking out the bike did not need a 2nd look to tell that the rizomas are way more visible. They also look a truck load better, imo.