LED turn signal upgrade and fender eliminator

Panther1911

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I have been wanting to ditch the fender and put on some better looking turn signals on my 2007 FZ6.

I was hoping I could share the list of parts I put together and if you guys and gals could please look it over and let me know what I am missing.

Thank you.

fender eliminator: '04 09 Yamaha FZ6 Fender Eliminator Kit | eBay

2 pairs of turn signals: Motorcycle LED Turn Signal Carbon Fiber Short Stalk Honda Suzuki Yamaha TCS | eBay

adapter plates: Stalk Turn Signal Adapter Plate Yamaha TMAX YZF R1 R6 R6S FZ FZS FZR 1 6 8 09 10 | eBay

do I need two pairs of adapter plates (front/rear)?

front signal adapter: Yamaha Turn Signals Wire Plug Adapters YZF R6 R6S R1 FZ6 FZ1 FZ 6R 09 10 TMAX | eBay

I am guessing the rear stock signal wires will be cut out and new ones wired in?

flasher: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/#/tab/Reviews

so other than some wire cutters, wire strippers, electrical tape, solider, soldiering iron, heat shrink tubing, and various hand tools, what else do I need?

Ultrarandom

Reaction score
Visit site
The rear has the same type of plug as the front so you can still use those adaptors rather than cutting.
From the looks of that fender eliminator though you would need another set of plates as it's designed to take the standard indicators rather than one with a 10mm bolt.
I know with my own setup (Aftermarket LED in front and Motodynamics Sequential Integrated tail light with lower indicators removed) I didn't need to do any cutting of wires at all using the adaptors. I also didn't need an aftermarker flasher relay and everything was still flashing at the right speed (I had resistors for the front but didn't wind up needing them) however I do believe the Motodynamics tail light does have a built in resistor.

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
As Ultarandom stated you will need another set of plate adaptors for the rear. You won't have to do any splicing if you get 2 pairs of the wire adaptors, pair for front and back. Otherwise it looks like you have everything you need. Something to note, you are going to lose your front running lights if you just stick with the 2-wire aftermarket setup.

Panther1911

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered all the stuff, i ordered 2 sets of wire adapters and 2 sets of adapter plates.

is there an alternative relay method to keep the front running light?

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
It has to do with the 3rd wire on your signals/harness. There's the positive wire, negative wire and the running wire (that's the one you need). Most all aftermarket signals you buy(except rizomas and other high quality ones) only have two wires; positive and negative. The wire adaptors you bought are only two wire. People online have come up with a fix to keep your running lights by putting diodes inline with the original positive/running wires on your stock harness which is then connected to you new signals. However I attempted this and I must say it did not work for me. Here's the diagram:
f42995c160065d2b68ffd45bbe7dd3eb.jpg

You will need to do some splicing to make this work obviously. And you already bought two sets of 2-wire wire adaptors so I wouldn't worry about it. Just plug and play! That's just me though. Good luck!