New Ride

D

Dave.TX

Well I sold my FZ6 after owning it for 7.5 months and riding just over 8,000 miles. I had toyed with the idea of selling to get a sport touring bike, mainly an FJR, but didn't think that would happen for another year or so.

One of the forum members PM'd me and asked if I was serious about selling. Not really but I'll see about it. Turns out I could sell it to him, pay it off and was approved for another loan to get a sport touring bike!

Picked up a 2008 BMW K1200GT yesterday after selling the Yamaha to Crowelor.

Loaded up in the truck with the hard bags attached:

2012-04-14_13-06-59_962.jpg

And on my first ride today. Got caught in the rain in Hutto, TX, for a few minutes then rode on to Old Settlers Park in Round Rock (behind the Dell Diamond) where I snapped this one. Bike is dirty from riding in light rain for a few minutes but you can't tell. Obviously hard bags removed:

2012-04-15_12-38-31_43.jpg

D

Dave.TX

Thanks! I have to get used to the fairings, with the seat in the lower position my shins hit them when I'm putting my feet out coming to a stop (if I put my legs forward). Other than that it's really comfortable, has great features and will be a blast to take on road trips. Electronic cruise control... oh it's so nice. Still gets over 40mpg and has lots of power.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!

Im planning on keeping the 6 for a while but one eye still open for a deal:thumbup:

Congrats!

D

Dave.TX

Jerry, I know I was talking about how much I love those Triumph Tigers but this is a better fit for me. I would love to have a Tiger as a second bike, an adventure bike. Lots of guys I know have BMW GS's and love them. I'll have to plan a trip so you, Cliff and anyone else can ride the mountains of SoCal.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a very nice bike you have there!

My dad was just debating between an older BMW or a goldwing 1500, obviously his budget was a little smaller, and he went with the goldwing since my Mom likes to ride pillion.

I wish he would have went with the BMW... :\

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! I knew this would happen for you!
Ha Ha. Okay now you have to ride it here! :BLAA:

D

Dave.TX

A few weeks ago the same dealership had a Sprint ST. I had read about the compact ergonomics and felt it was probably too compact for my 6'4" frame. I sat on it and immediately felt like I was on a sport bike: legs tucked, leaning forward. It was too much for my herniated discs. As much as I like Triumph I just couldn't do it. They're super bikes and know a couple of owners around here that love them.