New Ride

D

Dave.TX

Well I sold my FZ6 after owning it for 7.5 months and riding just over 8,000 miles. I had toyed with the idea of selling to get a sport touring bike, mainly an FJR, but didn't think that would happen for another year or so.

One of the forum members PM'd me and asked if I was serious about selling. Not really but I'll see about it. Turns out I could sell it to him, pay it off and was approved for another loan to get a sport touring bike!

Picked up a 2008 BMW K1200GT yesterday after selling the Yamaha to Crowelor.

Loaded up in the truck with the hard bags attached:

2012-04-14_13-06-59_962.jpg

And on my first ride today. Got caught in the rain in Hutto, TX, for a few minutes then rode on to Old Settlers Park in Round Rock (behind the Dell Diamond) where I snapped this one. Bike is dirty from riding in light rain for a few minutes but you can't tell. Obviously hard bags removed:

2012-04-15_12-38-31_43.jpg

Thanks! I have to get used to the fairings, with the seat in the lower position my shins hit them when I'm putting my feet out coming to a stop (if I put my legs forward). Other than that it's really comfortable, has great features and will be a blast to take on road trips. Electronic cruise control... oh it's so nice. Still gets over 40mpg and has lots of power.

Very nice!

Im planning on keeping the 6 for a while but one eye still open for a deal:thumbup:

Congrats!

Jerry, I know I was talking about how much I love those Triumph Tigers but this is a better fit for me. I would love to have a Tiger as a second bike, an adventure bike. Lots of guys I know have BMW GS's and love them. I'll have to plan a trip so you, Cliff and anyone else can ride the mountains of SoCal.

That's a very nice bike you have there!

My dad was just debating between an older BMW or a goldwing 1500, obviously his budget was a little smaller, and he went with the goldwing since my Mom likes to ride pillion.

I wish he would have went with the BMW... :\

Congratulations! I knew this would happen for you!
Ha Ha. Okay now you have to ride it here! :BLAA:

A few weeks ago the same dealership had a Sprint ST. I had read about the compact ergonomics and felt it was probably too compact for my 6'4" frame. I sat on it and immediately felt like I was on a sport bike: legs tucked, leaning forward. It was too much for my herniated discs. As much as I like Triumph I just couldn't do it. They're super bikes and know a couple of owners around here that love them.

Back