New pics of the streetfighter!!

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
But how does it ride - suspension wise, cornering, bumps, depressions, harshness, transitions etc.

IIRC you have the R6 cams too?
And the headers are from the R6 and they're the same angle at the heads flange + you get increased I.D.?

Any other engine mods?

It corners like what every FZ6 dreams about, it sits 3/4 of an inch lower and it's 3 inches shorter in the wheelbase, however the rear is STIFF, I have it set on full soft, it's harsh under 40mph, but after that it rides nice, it's not hardtail mountain bike stiff, it's like racecar coilover suspension stiff, more suited for smooth roads and higher speeds, you feel everything!

The R6r brakes are great, less effort, shorter stopping distance, lighter weight, less nose dive.

The R6s headers have larger primaries and full mandrel bends, plus a larger mid pipe.

The swingarm swap is very tedious, alot of R&D, test fitting, patience, cursing, I only did it cause the salvage shop I bought the headers from knew of my plans so the owner offered me a complete R6r rear assembly for $120.

Yes I do have R6 cams and a set of adjustable cam gears I bought in Japan, but they will be installed this winter, I might need a fuel programmer for the cams... or not, I don't know until put them in, looking at the figures on paper it should bump up the power to about 110 whp.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, one more thing the paint is Ford Europe's Electric Orange Pearl from the 2005 Ford Focus ST.

fd094c2e.jpg

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Are the r6 cams the 5SL 2003-2005 ???

Cheers Dan

I don't know the part number sorry, but I do know there was a change in 2005, I was in a Tokyo yamaha shop talking with a guy about my FZ6 when he said "wait here please", he came back with a pair of 05' cams & sprockets, he let me have them for 4300 Yen ($56 usd).:D

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
It corners like what every FZ6 dreams about, it sits 3/4 of an inch lower and it's 3 inches shorter in the wheelbase, however the rear is STIFF, I have it set on full soft, it's harsh under 40mph, but after that it rides nice, it's not hardtail mountain bike stiff, it's like racecar coilover suspension stiff, more suited for smooth roads and higher speeds, you feel everything!

The R6r brakes are great, less effort, shorter stopping distance, lighter weight, less nose dive.

The R6s headers have larger primaries and full mandrel bends, plus a larger mid pipe.

The swingarm swap is very tedious, alot of R&D, test fitting, patience, cursing, I only did it cause the salvage shop I bought the headers from knew of my plans so the owner offered me a complete R6r rear assembly for $120.

Yes I do have R6 cams and a set of adjustable cam gears I bought in Japan, but they will be installed this winter, I might need a fuel programmer for the cams... or not, I don't know until put them in, looking at the figures on paper it should bump up the power to about 110 whp.

That's awesome! Do you think they'd be willing to fab up another R6 swingarm for that price if all the parts were sent to them?