New Owner of 07 FZ6! with Pics

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

I attempted to ask the forum a question on the new member sticky, but didn't get a reply. It seems not many people view that anymore...or if they did...didn't want to answer...lol.

But anyway, my initial post there was asking whether or not I should purchase a used 07 FZ6. Well, I decided that I thought it was a good deal and purchased it yesterday! I drove about two hours with my wife to pick it up, and then drove the bike home. Around 35 degrees with not much winter gear...I was frozen solid when I got home.

I did have a few questions. The original owner took off the stock front turn signals, which i actually liked..., and replaced them with LED turn signals in the POD section of the headlight. The rear turn signals are also LED and the bike is currently hyperflashing. I have read the thread and intend on putting a new flasher relay in the bike. Any suggestions on possibly adding the stock turn signals and any complications I may have?

Also, It appears that the electrical work was done by the owner himself and he has covered it with black electrical tape, as you can see in one picture. What should I do to fix/remedy this. I am not very electrically inclined.

Last Question, Why are the frame sliders two different lengths? Any purpose, or was that also a fault of the installer?

Here are some pic's of me and the bike. I can't wait for it to warm up!
View attachment 46026

View attachment 46027

View attachment 46028

View attachment 46029

View attachment 46030

View attachment 46031

View attachment 46032

View attachment 46033

View attachment 46034

View attachment 46035

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the club! Great looking bike :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry too much about electrical tape, but it's worth checking actual connections. Are they properly soldered or are they just twisted together?
If they're just twisted, I would solder them and you might as well add shrink tubing while you're at it. If they're soldered, I'd leave them alone.

Stock turn signals will definitely add to bike's visibility, but the mounting on S2 models is weak. The plates are screwed to the inside of upper fairing and those mounting points can easily be snapped off / cracked.

Before you shell out cash for new parts, check your mounting points on the right side.. looks like the bike was tipped over to the right and if original owner had stock signals on at that point, there's a good chance mounting point is broken.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and congratulations you bought the fast blue 07 model just like mine! :D If you notice the way the frame and motor sticks out is the reason the frame sliders on one side is sometimes longer than the other. Mine are both the same length. No big deal I suppose. I'm sure you will find this a great forum and a fantastic motorcycle. Remember ATGATT and Ride Safe but Enjoy the Ride.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike and welcome to the forum!
Check the for sale section, I think there was a front fairing that would match your bike:thumbup:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
My understanding was that the way the engine sat was the reason that there was two different length frame sliders, the other thing I read during my research is for those with the fairing option that the fit needed to be different. Mine were both the same lenght. Although I will tell you this, I originally got sliders that did not have the aluminum plate insert at the base. I had only ridden about 800 miles with them but I think they were getting loose and contributing to my vibration issue. If you don't like the sliders as is and check if they have the aluminum plate then I would get new ones that can snug down better.

I liked the OEM ligthing as well but I would leave it if the new setup looks good. Like ERCI said if there is damage to the mounting point then it sounds like a headache.

Have fun, be safe, ATGATT FTW (For The Win, just in case there are any hardcore bikers in here thinking F the World is what I mean).

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to this great forum! Congratulations on your FZ6. It looks like it's already got some nice mods. The pod light signals are usually a sought after mod and if they're bright enough I would keep them because they're in a good visible location. There are also different intensity LED lamps you might try if you think they could be brighter. You can replace the OEM flasher with an electronic type. This will flash at the correct rate regardless of LED or incandescent lighting. If you have a Cycle Gear store near you, you can get one for about 20 bucks or order this one (same or better quality) online for $8.95. LF1-S-Flat Here: Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications

Your flasher is mounted on a little tab with a rubber strap located on the left inside the fairing, down low. you should be able to reach up and slide it upward off the tab. The flasher relay has 2 wires.

Again, welcome to our big family! :)

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats. Looks pretty nice - and low mileage too! FWIW, I'm in Lancaster, PA. In spring we should trade emails if you're in the general area.
- - - Jim

Most problems can be solved with a suitable application of throttle.

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the helpful advice. I will look into the electrical when I have a chance to take the fairings off.

Also, is there anywhere I can get an owners manual? is there a PDF online?

Congrats. Looks pretty nice - and low mileage too! FWIW, I'm in Lancaster, PA. In spring we should trade emails if you're in the general area.
- - - Jim

Most problems can be solved with a suitable application of throttle.

Thanks Jim, I'm in the Fort Washington area. Not too far. We will get together.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There should be a link to a manual in the forum somewhere. If not PM me and I will e-mail it. I have two different ones. One is just parts and the other is maintenance if I remember correctly.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it just me or does the rear tire look to wide? Did the previous owner put on a 190?
If he did I'd switch back to 180 asap. The rim is not made fo 190 and has a serious impact on cornering. A straight like should be fine, but still, I wouldn't feel comfortable riding around like that.

Or does it just look wider than it is? Or maybe im just not used to 180's, as my current bike only has a 150 rear tire..