New Owner from Maryland

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking here for a while now. I fell in love with the FZ6 the moment I rode one and I have been looking to buy one since. I finally ended up buying a beautiful 2007 Red FZ6 with only 2,424 miles on her! Best of all, I picked her up for a song, she only cost me $3,300.

About me, My name is Matt I am 27 and have been riding for 2 years. I currently own a 1982 Yamaha Maxim XJ650J (which I am in the process of cleaning up to sell). I really enjoy long rides through beautiful places on winding roads. In fact I am currently planning about a 5,000 mile trip with a friend of mine this summer. If anyone is planning any trips in the Mid-Atlantic area hit me up. I want to get more long trips in the new saddle before the big trip this summer.

I hope to see many of you on the roads this summer!

~Matt

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know you guys love pics, so here you go. My wife took these for me to post to Facebook earlier today. Enjoy!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
That's better. Best year, color and you just about stole it for that price! :D

What's that under the clutch side engine cover?

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's better. Best year, color and you just about stole it for that price! :D

What's that under the clutch side engine cover?

Not sure what you are referring to. But ya I love everything about it so far. My gear was already red and black to match my XJ650. So it just worked out perfectly.

As for where in Maryland I am just south of Baltimore. I do end up in Virginia very often if you ever want to go for a ride though. I just got an Airhawk yesterday and I am looking to put it to the test!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure what you are referring to.

Just looks like a PO did something to it. Sanded off the matte black paint there?

iYVU0eoMxRZXB.jpg

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No I think that's just the lighting. There are some small scratches on the road side of the same piece from a roughly 5 mph drop by the first owner, but where you are pointing looks just like lighting. It was taken as the sun was low in the sky today so that my best guess.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
No I think that's just the lighting. There are some small scratches on the road side of the same piece from a roughly 5 mph drop by the first owner, but where you are pointing looks just like lighting. It was taken as the sun was low in the sky today so that my best guess.

Ok no worries. My bike also has some 'character marks' from a PO low speed drop on that side.

Still haven't felt the need to fix the plastic- just have to take the photos of the other side when she's modeling for BOTM! :D

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a tiny bit of paint damage but the second owner actually purchased the touch up kit and never bothered to apply it, lol. So I will probably do that in the next couple weeks. Seeing that yours is the same color I am willing to share, I bet I will have extra. Its the legit 3 layer (base, color, clear coat) touch up kit. If your interested just let me know.

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
O haha, with all the comments from you man, I figured you also were in this area. I just read where it says you are from. Lol. I don't expect you will ride 3,000 miles each way just to use a touch up kit. Hahaha.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a tiny bit of paint damage but the second owner actually purchased the touch up kit and never bothered to apply it, lol. So I will probably do that in the next couple weeks. Seeing that yours is the same color I am willing to share, I bet I will have extra. Its the legit 3 layer (base, color, clear coat) touch up kit. If your interested just let me know.

O haha, with all the comments from you man, I figured you also were in this area. I just read where it says you are from. Lol. I don't expect you will ride 3,000 miles each way just to use a touch up kit. Hahaha.

Yes a bit more than a stone's throw. I appreciate it though!:D My fairing rash is similar to yours, just larger. When you get around to doing the touchup, before and after pics would be appreciated.

I'm debating keeping it red or blacking out the piece surrounding the headlights.

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will try and remember to take before pictures tomorrow otherwise I know I will forget before pictures, I almost always do. lol.

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard. Where in Maryland are you? I live in Alexandria and work in Bethesda, so I ride in the 495 hot lanes daily for my commute to work.

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live just south of Baltimore, but I love long rides and have family in Winchester, Va so I end up riding all over the area. Feel free to hit me up any time if you are looking for another FZ6 to ride with.