New oil change...

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Well today was the first time I have changed the oil my self. Took me about 30 min or so. I have switched over to AMSOIL 10W-40 full synthetic along with Amsoil oil filer.
It made a huge difference in shifting and the engine is a little more quite. I am glad I did it my self, in which by doing so saved a lot of money. From now on I am only using AMSOIL products.
Is anyone else using Amsoil oil, and if yes any feedback?
:thumbup:

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well today was the first time I have changed the oil my self. Took me about 30 min or so. I have switched over to AMSOIL 10W-40 full synthetic along with Amsoil oil filer.
It made a huge difference in shifting and the engine is a little more quite. I am glad I did it my self, in which by doing so saved a lot of money. From now on I am only using AMSOIL products.

yup amsoil in my car and bike! :thumbup: Personally have always used it in my bikes. Helps that my dad's a dealer.....

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site

Reads just like an Amsoil advertisement.:spank:

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Reads just like an Amsoil advertisement.:spank:

LOL...I guess if you want to call it like that. But really AMSOIL is top of the line oil. The best you can buy. And plus I only paid $8 a quart with the membership. If you get normal yamaha oil in which is not full synthetic it would cost a little more per quart. So why not get the best...:rockon:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...I guess if you want to call it like that. But really AMSOIL is top of the line oil. The best you can buy. And plus I only paid $8 a quart with the membership. If you get normal yamaha oil in which is not full synthetic it would cost a little more per quart. So why not get the best...:rockon:

Not helping the advertisement criticism with that either...

I always tend to take claims calling something the "best" with a large grain of salt. Just me $.02, use whatever you like and is best for you.

Last edited:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I switched over to Amsoil 10w-40 at approximately 2,000 miles. My transmission feels smoother (especially between 1 st and 2 nd gear), and I can get it shipped to my house for about the same price per quart as Mobil 1 at the stores.

Not sure if it's the best oil out there, but it works for me and it seems to do a good job.

Last edited:

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
I switched over to Amsoil 10w-40 at approximately 2,000 miles. My transmission feels smoother (especially between 1 st and 2 nd gear), and I can get it shipped to my house for about the same price per quart as Mobil 1 at the stores.

Not sure if it's the best oil out there, but it works for me and it seems to do a good job.

Now that's more like it!:rockon:

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have used Amsoil automotive products in the past with good results. I have never used their motorcycle oils. I am currently running the Amsoil XLF 5w-30 in my cars. I wish it was more readily available, but it seems to be a really good oil according to my UOA's.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
to avoid a "best oil" debate.
Id just like to say that I will never use anything other than AMSoil in my car or bike.
It has performed so amazingly in my GTI that I am now a full time beleiver

Not to mention they offer the fairly rare 0w-40 oil