New oil change...

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Well today was the first time I have changed the oil my self. Took me about 30 min or so. I have switched over to AMSOIL 10W-40 full synthetic along with Amsoil oil filer.
It made a huge difference in shifting and the engine is a little more quite. I am glad I did it my self, in which by doing so saved a lot of money. From now on I am only using AMSOIL products.
Is anyone else using Amsoil oil, and if yes any feedback?
:thumbup:

Well today was the first time I have changed the oil my self. Took me about 30 min or so. I have switched over to AMSOIL 10W-40 full synthetic along with Amsoil oil filer.
It made a huge difference in shifting and the engine is a little more quite. I am glad I did it my self, in which by doing so saved a lot of money. From now on I am only using AMSOIL products.

yup amsoil in my car and bike! :thumbup: Personally have always used it in my bikes. Helps that my dad's a dealer.....

Reads just like an Amsoil advertisement.:spank:

Reads just like an Amsoil advertisement.:spank:

LOL...I guess if you want to call it like that. But really AMSOIL is top of the line oil. The best you can buy. And plus I only paid $8 a quart with the membership. If you get normal yamaha oil in which is not full synthetic it would cost a little more per quart. So why not get the best...:rockon:

LOL...I guess if you want to call it like that. But really AMSOIL is top of the line oil. The best you can buy. And plus I only paid $8 a quart with the membership. If you get normal yamaha oil in which is not full synthetic it would cost a little more per quart. So why not get the best...:rockon:

Not helping the advertisement criticism with that either...

I always tend to take claims calling something the "best" with a large grain of salt. Just me $.02, use whatever you like and is best for you.

Last edited:
I switched over to Amsoil 10w-40 at approximately 2,000 miles. My transmission feels smoother (especially between 1 st and 2 nd gear), and I can get it shipped to my house for about the same price per quart as Mobil 1 at the stores.

Not sure if it's the best oil out there, but it works for me and it seems to do a good job.

Last edited:
I switched over to Amsoil 10w-40 at approximately 2,000 miles. My transmission feels smoother (especially between 1 st and 2 nd gear), and I can get it shipped to my house for about the same price per quart as Mobil 1 at the stores.

Not sure if it's the best oil out there, but it works for me and it seems to do a good job.

Now that's more like it!:rockon:

I have used Amsoil automotive products in the past with good results. I have never used their motorcycle oils. I am currently running the Amsoil XLF 5w-30 in my cars. I wish it was more readily available, but it seems to be a really good oil according to my UOA's.

to avoid a "best oil" debate.
Id just like to say that I will never use anything other than AMSoil in my car or bike.
It has performed so amazingly in my GTI that I am now a full time beleiver

Not to mention they offer the fairly rare 0w-40 oil

Back