New milling machine

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Look what showed up today:thumbup:

P1000613.jpg

I'll post some more pics after I get it set up.

Jerry

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's see...I need a few spacers and a couple other items; when will they be ready for pick-up??

;)

Congrats...and big time jealous from this guy.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes! $6200 at Little Machine Shop.com. Hopefully you got a better price or found a used one, either way, you are serious about your work. Wish I knew how to use such tools and/or could afford one. Compared to you (and many others here), I do my work with stone-age hand tools. Congrats!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
It actually cost a bit more than 6200 when you add up all the other things you need to make it go, I had a very aggressive 401K that had just enough to buy this or go on a cruise. My wife gets seasick so guess what:rolleyes:

Send sketches and I'll give you a quote but give me a little time to figure out how to make the thing do something:D

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:cheer: Congratulations Jerry! :rockon:

Lemee see now....

G0 Rapid position
G01 Linear interpolation
G02 Circular intrpltn CW
G03 Circular intrpltn CCW
G04 Dwell
G09 Exact stop
G10 coordinate system origin setting
G12 CW circle cut
G17 XY plane select
G18 XZ plane select
G19 YZ plane select
G20 Inch system
G21 Millimeter system
G22 Stored stroke limit on
G23 Stored stroke limit off
G27 Reference check
G28 Return to machine zero
G29 Return from machine zero
G30 Return to secondary home
G38.2 Straight probe
G40 Cancel cutter radius comp.:confused: :rolleyes: :D :rof:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I see you're up on the G codes, now give me some of the M codes and canned cycle codes:D

This machine uses a PC running Mach 3 to control the movements and its a little different than the built in controller on a "real" CNC so there will be a bit of a learning curve, nothing I can't handle as I taught myself Solid Works and Master Cam so just a bit of fiddling and I'll be making chips in no time and maybe even some usable parts:BLAA:

ArtSoft USA - Home of Mach3 and LazyCam

Jerry

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I'll post up when I have it figured out and everyone is welcome to come by and take a look:thumbup:
First project will be a solder fixture for On30 turnouts but with a smaller radius than is currently available. These are for industrial or mining layouts that will use small locos that are capable of negotiating small radius curves. If you haven't figured it out model railroading is another of my hobbies:D

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll post up when I have it figured out and everyone is welcome to come by and take a look:thumbup:
First project will be a solder fixture for On30 turnouts but with a smaller radius than is currently available. These are for industrial or mining layouts that will use small locos that are capable of negotiating small radius curves. If you haven't figured it out model railroading is another of my hobbies:D

Jerry

Jeez I was going to tap you for a mid week drive but I've been bombarded with projects here! I smell a job coming....

It's one of those the busier I get, the busier I get!!!!!

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
...I had a very aggressive 401K that had just enough to buy this or go on a cruise...

Let's see, go on a cruise and at best get a week or so of overeating, overdrinking and overspending on the excursions, and at worst maybe the power fails and you get towed or maybe get boarded by pirates, OR, get a Tormach PCNC 770 and have fun for a lifetime. Easy choice!