New member welcome thread..

ozarkrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Linda and I live in Cabot, AR.

I am married and have two kids, Bailey and Spencer. I have previously owned a Ninja 250 and a CBR600RR. I have been without a bike for a couple of years, but got bit by the bug again when my husband bought a Kawasaki Z1000. Now I can't wait to ride again! I ran across the previews for the new FZ6R and decided that it's the bike for me! I'm kinda short (5'3), so I think the seat height will make it more comfortable for me. Anyway, I really enjoy the forum...I have learned so much already!

missannies

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I'm a new rider and new owner of an 2008 FZ6. I love my bike and have a lot of fun riding behind my husband on his ZX1000. I'm in Richland, WA. Have 2 grown kids, one granddaughter, 2 standard longhair dachshunds and a husband. I groom dogs and sew historical costumes. I've already learned a lot from the forum and enjoy reading your posts.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone!

28 (soon to be 29) year old norwegian with a new facination for motorcycles. Made my final driving test last week, bought my 05 FZ6-N three weeks ago, and have spend pretty much all my spare time driving:rockon:

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
Hey everyone, I joined the forums to get as much information about the FZ6 as possible...I don't own one YET but plan to as soon as I can. I live Near Simpsonville/Greenville, SC and recently moved here from Peoria, IL. I recently sold my 83 Kawi KZ440, so I really miss being on some twisty roads. :D I'm 27 and work in IT. I've seen a couple of these bikes around, so I'll bet I'll find some GVille folks on the boards!

Josh

J

jsteinb95

Hey everyone, I joined the forums to get as much information about the FZ6 as possible...I don't own one YET but plan to as soon as I can. I live Near Simpsonville/Greenville, SC and recently moved here from Peoria, IL. I recently sold my 83 Kawi KZ440, so I really miss being on some twisty roads. :D I'm 27 and work in IT. I've seen a couple of these bikes around, so I'll bet I'll find some GVille folks on the boards!

Josh

:welcome: Lots of good info on the site. Good luck on your purchase and enjoy the forum! :thumbup:

xxflip

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

my name is Robert, age 36, and I live in Portugal. I own a 2004 Silver FZ6, and although I've only had my bike driver license since Aug 2005, I've done more than 45.000 km and am still waiting to get tired of it.

I work as a computer technician and programmer, self employed, which is the same to say that I can go riding whenever I want as long as the boss goes with me (all you married men know what I'm talking about)

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello People, my name is Andre and I live in the Netherlands (that little country on the otherside, viewed from Brittain, of the pond they call North Sea). I bought a FZ6 in 2005 and still own it. Sadly, due to some health problems I didn't ride that much in the first year but I'm making up for that now. I use it every day to commute and I have some trips planned the next couple of weeks. Amongst others to the (in)famous Nurburgring track in Germany. the colour is Galaxy blue with a Silver frame, actually prefer the Silver frame over the black one from recent years. This year I installed a nice new exhaust: BOS GT Performance. I'll post some pictures later. Really enjoy all the useful (technical) information I found on this forum.

Besides the FZ6 I also got an old Yammie FJ600, which I use mostly in the winter season. Currently I'm getting this oldie ready to roll again.

:Sport:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to all our new members :cheer:
Hello People, my name is Andre and I live in the Netherlands (that little country on the otherside, viewed from Brittain, of the pond they call North Sea). I bought a FZ6 in 2005 and still own it. Sadly, due to some health problems I didn't ride that much in the first year but I'm making up for that now. I use it every day to commute and I have some trips planned the next couple of weeks. Amongst others to the (in)famous Nurburgring track in Germany. the colour is Galaxy blue with a Silver frame, actually prefer the Silver frame over the black one from recent years. This year I installed a nice new exhaust: BOS GT Performance. I'll post some pictures later. Really enjoy all the useful (technical) information I found on this forum.

Besides the FZ6 I also got an old Yammie FJ600, which I use mostly in the winter season. Currently I'm getting this oldie ready to roll again.:Sport:

Welcome to the forum Andre. Take it easy in Germany :thumbup: looking forward to the photo's and good luck with the old (pekel) bike.
Where abouts in the Netherlands do you live?
Ride safe,

Jadon01

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello...

I'm Doug, from the upstate of South Carolina. I have a not quite as fast black 08 FZ6. Ride mainly to and from work...not enough for fun. Great Forum... (avatar-my Better Half & bike)

taggf1

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy to you all,

My name is scott. I am From New jersey (U.S.A.). I have a 04 Hi-oh silver! I use my bike as a commuter and weekend warrior smile making machine. I teach science and have gone from the geeky science teacher to the cool guy rides a bike to school! I just wanted to say hello and hope to ride with you soon. :welcome:

B

Belly

hello I am new to this forum , and I am having CBR600 , I AM PLANNING TO BUY, another CBR SO Any suggestion

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Mark Goodale and have owned my 07 FZ6 since March. Love my bike. I also have a Honda CRF 250X dirt bike. Oregon is one of the greatest places to ride on the street or dirt. I have done a couple of mods. K & N air filter, Cortec sport tail pack, lower cowling and Puig dark smoke wind screen. I am planning on the Olin rear shock mod and something for the front forks. Yamaha sure cheaped out on the suspension. Great bike however. I will get a Two Brother Racing exhaust and probably a rear fender elimator kit. Don't really need to do much else. Just turned 2300 miles. I just need to win the lottery to do these mods. Otherwise hopefully next year. This is a great forum web site.
Thanks,:thumbup:

nwpathfinder

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,
New to the site and the daughter and I just picked up a couple of FZ6s to add to the familiy stable. I'm so glad we found this site. Love all the info and look forward to getting to know a bunch of you. This is her second bike and my........... well lets just say I've been through a bunch of them. We just did the Oyster Run here in Washington and had a blast on her first run.

Ride safe and keep the rubber down

Marcus

kaizen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody: I'm from Madrid, Spain, and my english is... primitive?

My bike is a FZ6 S2 N (midnight black) and I love it, of course:

:Sport: V'sssssssssssss

Last edited:

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I'm Chris in San Diego! Really happy to join this forum. I just bought a leftover (new)2007 Yamaha FZ6. SO far I've got about 200 miles on it. Love the bike, have a lot of questions though and I'm really looking forward to hopefully getting alot of answers here! I haven't riden in approx. 20 years, so getting back on the horse of sorts......
Thanks!

S

sportrider

Hey 27, your in my neck of the woods (at least for anothe 2 weeks) we should meet up and go riding sometime.

how long have you been riding? is the FZ6 your first bike?