New member welcome thread..

Great site. I just got my FZ on monday. It is a blue 2006. Already saved some $ because of this site. I bought my bike (new) from the local dealer. Thought I was getting a great deal ($5600 for a new bike) and the dealer suggested I buy an extended warranty. Usually I don't go for those things but the dealer was pushy (imagine that) after getting home and checking out this site and some of the user comments I realized I don't need it. I am getting a refund on the warranty!!! I have been riding for about a year and a half. Mostly back and forth to work but hope to do some longer riding/touring. My wife wants a backrest so I will be putting on a Givi box... I also need to figure out a way to carry my bicycle to the trails. Does anyone have any suggestions. My setup for my Rebel wont work on the FZ. Great site (oops I said that already)
Alex

Greetings everyone. Just brought my 08 fz6 home this evening...I have ridden it 16 miles so far. Coming from a suzuki DRZ400s to this FZ6, is quite a step up...and in the right direction I can say so far! Im not used to the clutch take up yet...such a small window they give for it...maybe meant for quick shifting? (dont have to pull the lever in all the way to shift?) I dont know, but I hope I can get used to it...I clearly need more seat time...a whopping 16 thus far remember...lol. Seems like a great forum so far, I hope to learn a lot and eventually be able to help others with their FZ...happy riding everyone!

here it is...just hours old...

DSC05725.jpg

Hello all,

My name is Richard and I actually don't own a FZ6 yet. I currently ride a Suzuki GS500f and am waiting to upgrade. I am waiting to move next year, either to NYC or southern California (I am currently in Philadelphia) so I am probably going to wait til then to get a new bike.

I love the naked hooligan/street fighter look, and at first I was thinking of a street triple. But I saw a couple FZ6 street fighter mods and fell in love instantly (not to mention I'll save a few bucks), so here I am, gonna try and learn more about the FZ6 and hopefully end up with one in a few months.

Hi all,

Name is Ian, living in the very non-sunny and very wet emerald isle of Ireland! - this was a complete washout of a summer!

Been riding for two years now - could take the traffic anymore and a bike was the ONLY way to go:rockon:

Just upgraded from a '99 Honda CB400 (SuperFour) to my all black '06 FZ6 about two months ago. Such a difference - don't get me the wrong the superfour is a great little bike but the FZ is plain awesome.

Little upgrade by the previous owner:-

IXIL exhausts (great sound)
Uprated Catalytic converter (flames out with little backfires :D )
Heated grips - (for those of you in warmer parts of the planet - lucky you! - for the rest of us they're a must).

A pic of her being 'test driven' by my son (3) and two nephews (4) + (6):-

Just had to post because I didn't like the amount of replies :D

um.....:welcome: everybody!

Hello All,

Been on the forum for about a month now but never introduced myself

My name is Brian and I brought a used 2004 Blue FZ6. This is my first bike so i hope all goes well. Class starts tomorrow so I hope to be legal starting monday morning. Location just south of Baltimore, md.

Hi all,

Name is Ian, living in the very non-sunny and very wet emerald isle of Ireland! - this was a complete washout of a summer!

Been riding for two years now - could take the traffic anymore and a bike was the ONLY way to go:rockon:

Just upgraded from a '99 Honda CB400 (SuperFour) to my all black '06 FZ6 about two months ago. Such a difference - don't get me the wrong the superfour is a great little bike but the FZ is plain awesome.

Little upgrade by the previous owner:-

IXIL exhausts (great sound)
Uprated Catalytic converter (flames out with little backfires :D )

Heated grips - (for those of you in warmer parts of the planet - lucky you! - for the rest of us they're a must).

A pic of her being 'test driven' by my son (3) and two nephews (4) + (6):-

cead mille failte :welcome::thumbup:

a hundred thousand welcomes

Ciaron

newbie here, mostly lookin for information about ergonomics of these bikes. i am 6'5" and i have not had a chance to sit on an FZ, any comments from the crowd?

Hi everyone, Greetings from the Philippines! New FZ6 owner here, acquired her a couple of weeks ago. Handling is great and the power is just perfect with my riding style. Here is a photo of my new babe.:cheer:

shellpitstoplfsmallaj2.jpg

shellpitstopsmallkf3.jpg

Congratulations on your new ride :rockon:

:cheer:.....:welcome: to the forum :cheer:

Are you originally from Belgium or is there another story behind your Avatar ?

Congratulations on your new ride :rockon:

:cheer:.....:welcome: to the forum :cheer:

Are you originally from Belgium or is there another story behind your Avatar ?

Nahh, I'm from the Philippines...my surname "Belgica" is a latin translation for Belgium.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hiya, been lurking around this excellent site for a short while now and thought it was time i said hello!
I am 49 and from Bristol UK and returned to bikes after a 5 year lay off. The last two bikes I owned were Triumphs, an early Trophy 1200 and a 95 Trident 900.
I purchased a brand new FZ6-S2 ABS at the end of September after trying out A Kawasaki ER6F(too many vibes), Kawasaki Z750(uncomfy) and a Triumph Speed Triple 955i(too harsh and expensive to run).
The main criteria was the bike had to be light but not a race replica, as soon as I tried the FZ6 I knew I had the right bike, it was light, comfy, looked really cool, and was as happy bimbling around slowly as it was going full on.
During my 2 weeks leave I am just 60 miles short of the 1000 mile run in period and was looking forward to exploring the higher end of the rev counter, when I broke my big toe and now cant get a boot on!:(

New member here from Waco, Texas. Got my bike couple of weeks ago and loving every second of it. Everyone calls me Naz. Glad to have a place where I can get knowledge about my bike coz I know nothing about it.

Nahh, I'm from the Philippines...my surname \"Belgica\" is a latin translation for Belgium.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Enjoy your ride Belgican:rockon:

Hiya, been lurking around this excellent site for a short while now and thought it was time i said hello!
I am 49 and from Bristol UK and returned to bikes after a 5 year lay off. The last two bikes I owned were Triumphs, an early Trophy 1200 and a 95 Trident 900.
I purchased a brand new FZ6-S2 ABS at the end of September after trying out A Kawasaki ER6F(too many vibes), Kawasaki Z750(uncomfy) and a Triumph Speed Triple 955i(too harsh and expensive to run).
The main criteria was the bike had to be light but not a race replica, as soon as I tried the FZ6 I knew I had the right bike, it was light, comfy, looked really cool, and was as happy bimbling around slowly as it was going full on.
During my 2 weeks leave I am just 60 miles short of the 1000 mile run in period and was looking forward to exploring the higher end of the rev counter, when I broke my big toe and now cant get a boot on!:(

:welcome:to the forum, congrats on your new ride, great choice :rockon:
Sorry to hear about your toe, hope it mends soon :(
I lived in Weston Super Mare for a couple of years (well RAF Locking to be precise), Bristol was our local shopping centre :thumbup:

New member here from Waco, Texas. Got my bike couple of weeks ago and loving every second of it. Everyone calls me Naz. Glad to have a place where I can get knowledge about my bike coz I know nothing about it.
:welcome: to the forum, you've come to the right place :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcome:thumbup:

:welcome:to the forum, congrats on your new ride, great choice :rockon:
Sorry to hear about your toe, hope it mends soon :(
I lived in Weston Super Mare for a couple of years (well RAF Locking to be precise), Bristol was our local shopping centre :thumbup:

:welcome: to the forum, you've come to the right place :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I just picked up my 2005 FZ6 from a rider who took great care of it, but, needed to sell. WHAT A RIDE! I'm moving up from a VSTAR650, which was my first bike in 10 years after riding around on a little Suzuki 125. I have to say, the FZ6 feels like a fighter jet compared to the VSTAR. :thumbup:

Clearly, it's going to take a little time to get used to this bike, but, I'm up for the challenge. Unfortunately, it's late October and the bike will be going into storage soon, but, spring always comes and I'll be ready for it.

I learned a lot about my VSTAR on the VSTAR forum, so, I'm hoping to get as much info about my FZ6 here.

Ride Safe!

Ian Cooper

HI all i just joined last night, looking over the forums. I will probably purchase the bike either in november or december. A bit confused over the choice of the FZ6 and the FZ6R, but I'll probably choose the FZ6. First time rider, taking the MSF course next week (i live down the street from MSF), Ive ridden twice before as an intro on a CBR600RR and a R1 (scary)...

:thumbup:

I'm Andrew, I live in Edenvale in South Africa and I have a 2004 blue Fazer 600. This was my first bike after 20 years of not riding. The Fazer was my wife's idea, I was going to buy an XJR 1300 but when we went to the dealer and she saw the Fazer we were sold.

She is also a Fazer rider, she has a 1999 silver 400 which is out of action at the moment but should be fixed soon!

We are both members of a club called Phantom Riders.

My bike is pretty much stock apart from Akrapovics, a Puig double bubble smoke black screen and a tail tidy. I have Bridgestone BT-010s on it, and to date have done almost 38,000km in the 4 and a half years I have had it.

The plan is to give the 600 to Mrs Andz in the new year and get myself the 1000 Fazer.

This is my baby in the most beautiful city in the world... Cape Town!

IMG_1909.jpg

Back