New member welcome thread..

genesis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello

You guys helped me out last week so I figured I should introduce myself finally. My name is Matt, I've been riding for about a year and a half on my 07 FZ6 (the cool red ones) It's my first bike and I love it! :thumbup:

I live in Hawaii on Oahu. So no long rides under my belt but the scenery here never gets old.

magical trev

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all

I'm a new biker, passed my test in August, shiny new (silver) fazer in September, and 8000 miles in 6 months :D

Loving the bike and biking. It's been cold but now the weather is starting to improve I'm looking forward to a bit more fun in my daily commute :)

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm victor, I live in new york and I just picked up a black 08 fz6. Got a pretty good deal on it as it had been laid down by the previous owner.. The bike seems to have no damage besides on the front fairing (which is a goner anyway.. naked project inside :)) and broken seat grab handle.. No big deal really..

This is my 2nd bike, I spent last year on a 2000 gs500e.. great bike, learned a lot on it.. but it will be for sale soon.. the fz6 is just too sexy to pass on...

Last edited:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice nice... welcome.. what kinda deal did you get? you give her a good "once over" to make sure there was no other damage unseen?

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
nice nice... welcome.. what kinda deal did you get? you give her a good "once over" to make sure there was no other damage unseen?

4k for an 08 with 200 miles on it.. Tires are barely scrubbed in :)
It looks like was it lowsided at rather low speed.. Frame and engine don't have a scratch, forks are straight, fork rebound is nice and smooth, handlebars are straight..

Basically no leaks, no dents, no scratch besides the fairing plastics which have taken the most of the impact.. I guess the real test will be once I rebuild the headlight and take it for a spin, but so far so good..

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
New Member...

Hi, my name's Jack, I'm from Arkansas and I found this forum through SBN. I've lurked here for a few weeks and I thought I'd go ahead and post up. The FZ is my second bike, first one being a Ninja 250, and I love it. Here's a few pics after I painted the windscreen and radiator covers.

sjowol

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I am Joel and the proud owner of a brandnew '09 fz6 :D
i live in la (sherman oaks) and will mostly be commuting on the bike (la traffic is a b$%*)
I am hoping to find some knowledgable people here who hopefully will be able to help me out with my horrible beginner "i hardly know a thing about bikes" questions.
And hey, once i actually know a thing or 2 about this bike i'd be more then happy to share my knowledge :)
I'll try and post pictures soon!

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
HI, my name is Greg. I'm from Loganville, GA (East of ATL). First time I road an FZ6 was a friend from Church. That has been over a year. About 3 weeks ago, I found an 07 FZ6 with just under 1800 Miles for $4500 and bought it fro a 3rd party. I sold my 04 VTX 1300 a week ago. I love my new bike but have lot's to learn.

littlelamb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, My name is Chris Z, I live in Everett Washington. I own the slower 2006 FZ6. I love it and have taken it on week-long trips twice. Once to Mt Shasta and Central inland Calif, the second to Beartooth pass Wyoming/Montana. It is a very comfortable bike, I could perch on it all day long. I also own three other bikes: ninja 650R, Triumph thunderbird sport, and Honda magna. I like FZ the best.

Robmac

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, my name is Rob and I live on the East coast of Canada.

I bought a black 2008 FZ6 about two weeks ago. It's been assembled and is now sitting at the dealer waiting to be picked up. Hopefully the snow will be gone in a few weeks and I'll be able to drive her home.

I'm just getting back into biking after a 14 year absence. The wife wanted a cruiser and I wanted something comfortable yet sporty.

I think that I'm going to be very happy with my choice.

jobiwan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Would like to start off by saying this site has been an invaluable source of info on my research to get a big bike !!!!

I'm Jonny and i'm from Bonnie Scotland, Edinburgh. I'm 23 and just graduated Elec Engineer and about to do my masters in Architecture.

To subsidise for my studies i started delivering pizzas for the 'Hut' and quickly got hooked on bikes. I've had a few nasty 'offs' due to stupid cabbies but it's not hindered my love of two wheels.

I've currently got a Yam yzf 125r but will be sitting my Big test in two weeks at which point i'll pick up a FZ6 S2 naked :) By far the best looking modern naked 600 out there imho.

Getting it in extreme yellow too so that the said stupid cabbies will see me coming a mile away.

Anyways, bit of a rant, but i'm sure you guys will come in more than handy!!

Safe and happy riding!!!

Jonny

Ride to live, Live to ride :rockon:

ps, any other FZ6 owners in Edinburgh or near by?

Jeffvest06

Reaction score
Visit site
How's it going
my name is jeffrey i live down here in south florida ( Okeechobee) just bought a 2007 fz6 blue. this is my first bike and i can already tell that its something i enjoy . im just learning everything but its not too bad just tired of people thinkin im stupid for owning a bike . anyone near okeechobee feel free to contact me mabey we can hook up . my neighboor ( he has a FZ1) and i love to ride and are always looking for people to go with us

Aha

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, my name is Nguyen and I live in Saigon Vietnam. I’ve just bought the 2005 FZ6 fast blue one. This is my second Yamaha bike. I think this is the best looking sport bike and I’m very happy with my choice.

palmucci

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys
My name is JULIAN, I'm from Wollongong N.S.W Australia, I love this site so I had to wright a few words.
I was almost new to riding a motorbike so I bought a yamaha virago 250cc
sold it 6 months later and bought a FAST blue fz6s 2008 model last year,
due to not have been riding for shhhh (40) years,:eek: these thing are fast when
you gun em,I mean forget anything over 8000 revs. I just take it easy and just getting the hang of it and doing plenty of practice turning left and right.

All the best on the road JULIAN:eek:

Gupp

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings from Norway.

Having purchased a 2006 FZ6 S ABS earlier this week, I figured it was time to delve into the details before I take it out for my first spin on Friday. Ive allready learned a lot from my lurking here, so a big thank you to all the contributors.

It will be my first bike and I'm sure most of you remember that excitement!

mithraen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks,

My name is Miguel and though originally from Portugal I live in Brussels now.
I did my driving lessons and bought my orange (black striped) 2006 fz6n last October and been reading this forum ever since. :rockon:

Though in Belgium it rains a lot and is quite cold, it hasn't stopped me from riding almost every day, at least from/to work - I've made about 2000 Km so far :eek:. I can only imagine how much more fun I will have once spring/summer comes.

I love my fz6 :thumbup:

Continue the tradition of good advice in the forums: it has been tremendously useful for me so far.
Cheers!

Waniek

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Lads and Ladies.

My name is Bartosz and i am from Poland - Warsaw.
I was interested in bikes since i was a kid, cause my dad was working for the first big motorcycle magazine in Poland since 90's. Because of him i was joinin races,meetings and so on. I have travelled threw many European countries as a passanger.

This december i decided to buy my first seriuos bike and its 2008 Yamaha fz6 S2. Pics will follow later with all the mods i have done to it.

All the best on road.

aggiehiker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! I am from the states and currently live in Texas. Not digging the heat but I love the extended riding season.

I have been riding for about 7 years or so on the street. I have been riding dirt since I was a kid.

I have owned several bikes but this is my first yamaha. My brother is an r6 fanatic and so I decided to give a yamaha a try. So far I have been impressed. I lovingly call the fz6 the "old mans r6". I will post pics as soon as the weather permits.

:america: