New member welcome thread..

BMXer91331

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New From SLC Utah

got me the same exact bike, and in the same area, where have you been riding?

Mostly commuting to work but id like to go on a ride. I took it up big cottonwood canyon last week and up Butterfield canyon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Dbillz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Bought my 06 Fz6 about a year ago with 11k miles. Love the bike so far. Since I've had it I've changed out the bars for a fz1 bar and the stock exhaust for a set of Leo Vince's. Currently waiting on a yamaha Mt03 headlight for a conversion. This site has been very helpful for both general and technical knowledge.

C

cdcool

my name is jay and i'm from Texas, just got a 2006 fz6 been riding for several years and this is my first sportbike,oh yea i'm also 38yrs old. the bike is stock but looking at a few mods, and it's the slow red color too. lol

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
my name is jay and i'm from Texas, just got a 2006 fz6 been riding for several years and this is my first sportbike,oh yea i'm also 38yrs old. the bike is stock but looking at a few mods, and it's the slow red color too. lol

:welcome: from Ft Worth:cheer:

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Ok, ok, ok, breath and repeat after me. "It's the FASTER red color"! The ole' saying goes paint it red and race it! Not blue. LOL! Welcome to the forums!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

BajaBob

Reaction score
Visit site
New member from Texas

Hey everybody,

My name is Bob. My wife and I just purchased our first home here in College Station, TX in the heart of Aggieland. I am a 25 year old engineer (computer science) and started a video game company a couple years ago back when I was in college at Texas A&M. I make games for phones and absolutely love it.

I used to be very big in the off-road scene but am no longer as I just sold my Wrangler. Had almost $20k in mods and was tired of the constant projects, not to mention 12mpg. After 7 years with it I was ready to part ways. From the Jeep I learned welding and fabrication. I rebuilt a Ford 8.8 rear axle and swapped it in. For an entire month the Jeep laid on a forrest of jackstands in my garage as I ground and cut off the entire suspension and welded on a new one. Complete power steering overhaul, 37" tires... Some great garage lessons.

943035_10201208366559393_1531644329_n.jpg

(one of the FS ads)
IMG_3608.jpg

Unlike -I am sure the majority of you, I was so sick of projects with wheels at that point I just wanted something stock. Now that I have a house in my name I know by this time next year I will have pulled up flooring and redone the entire kitchen.

My new DD! A 2005 FZ6, STOCK! :thumbup:

Okay, It came with a Corbin seat :rolleyes: Paid $3k for it, 10k miles. Garage kept and super fantastic clean (coming from a Jeep everything seems clean, but this thing really is spotless). Owned and ridden by a chemical engineer who like me is maintenance freak. I have since ownership of early August put 2k miles on it (just broke 12k last night). I keep it in the garage and wipe it down after every ride. When I picked it up I did a full service on it, Mobile One Synthetic (for street bikes) with matching filter, coolant flush (went green), and a new k&n air filter just to establish a baseline. I also just ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Road 3's yesterday for 41% off on Bike Bandit knowing I'll need to change out the tires soon.

The wife and I got our M licenses together as a date weekend before we were married many years ago. I have several riding experiences but never any ownership until this bike. The wife loves the bike, I just got her a jacket and my great friend just gave her a helmet. ATGATT. She is always suggesting new places for us to go on rides. Gameday has to be the best however, we cruise up to campus on the bike and park for free -tailgate then go to the game and ride home. What a blast! I really do think this is going to be a great little local commuter for me -it has been so far.

IMG_20130820_110513.jpg

1 hour out of town in Dime Box for lunch with a friend.
1174328_10201953387824459_1078831129_n.jpg

At the house with my really good friend and his Triumph Spirit 1050cc. Coincidentally the loudest bike in the world sitting next to the quietest bike in the world.
IMG_20130914_105028.jpg

Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you in person, and continuing to absorb all the information this site has to offer!

-Bob

jfry328

Reaction score
Visit site
hi my name is john. i live in oklahoma i just bought a 07 fz6 with 12,000 miles for $2400 and so far i really like the bike. i went from a 2002 katana 600 to the fz6

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
hi my name is john. i live in oklahoma i just bought a 07 fz6 with 12,000 miles for $2400 and so far i really like the bike. i went from a 2002 katana 600 to the fz6

Hello john! I want pictures ASAP! 2400$ for an 07 is a steal. Mine had that mileage and it ran like a raped ape. Make sure you get the maintenance up to date.

Glad to have ya

G

g.man

Hello All,
My name is George, I live in NJ. Currently riding a Ninja 250 but looking at going to a 600 possibly FZ6.

Cheers,
George

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
? Don't get it.

There was a big spam/rant post here earlier, subsequently banned. I got a random PM earlier from him with no content except a link to another forum.

Hello All,
My name is George, I live in NJ. Currently riding a Ninja 250 but looking at going to a 600 possibly FZ6.

Cheers,
George

I'm certain FZ6Bandit was not referring to you, George. :welcome: to the forum! :D

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
There was a big spam/rant post here earlier, subsequently banned. I got a random PM earlier from him with no content except a link to another forum.

I'm certain FZ6Bandit was not referring to you, George. :welcome: to the forum! :D

Got the same pm. Had a feeling it was regarding that. Thanks for clarifying.