New member needs help with purchase

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking at purchasing a 2004 FZ6 with only 4400 miles I've looked at it and it looks new has the belly pan and taller windshield. Is 4000 to much for it he said he would take 4000 without the gear. Thanks for any info
2004 yamaha fz6 I moved this from the new member section it didn't get many hits

fz6gow

Reaction score
Visit site
I just paid $4,000 for an 06 with 550 miles on it. I know he has extra's but you can get it for less.
But in the end spend what you think is right, you want to be riding.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Purchasing a motorcycle is subjective, and you have to make sure you are comfortable with your decision. And by the way no matter what you do someone will always tell you they did better, so ignore that.

Just consider:

1) the Bike is 6 model years old!

2) you can buy a brand new one for 7 grand or around $7,500 OTD.

3) you have no warranty.

4) the add-ons are worth about 500 to 650 bucks new, half that used.

5) I bought my 06 with 3,200 miles in May for $4,473 OTD at a dealer not a private party.

6) In my opinion $4,000 is a good price for the seller with all the goodies.

Is it a good price for you, is your decision.

Good Luck,

Lewis

brian-oki

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 06 with 1,900 miles at a dealer in july. I paid $5,500, hearing all of you , I may have paid to much...

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Waaay too high for that yr.!!
I got an '04 w/4100 miles for $3150. Make him an offer.
I didn't know '04's came in blue?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i wish you the best of luck with it, i would offer around $3500 and see if he bites, you can make some good deals, especially this time of year!

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
i wish you the best of luck with it, i would offer around $3500 and see if he bites, you can make some good deals, especially this time of year!

Your right and the way the economy is now people aren't buying like they use to including myself. I'll try 3500 I'm not in a rush.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your right and the way the economy is now people aren't buying like they use to including myself. I'll try 3500 I'm not in a rush.

not in a rush is a good place to be in, also many people are havign to sell their "Toys" to pay the bills...

waveridder2

Reaction score
Visit site
my friend paid 5000 for an 05 in good condition, I paid 5500 for an 07 with 140 miles and a warranty, you have to look for deals, e-bay!:rockon::rockon:

Imperitas

Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen a lot of post up here that have prices that quite frankly, I just don't believe. You can find deals if you want to wait and wait and wait some more.

Bottom line, don't pay any attention to all these low prices claimed on what people paid as they are coming from all geographical areas. You need to look at what the asking prices are in YOUR area and what is FOR SALE in your area. That will tell you what you should pay. Not what someone paid a state over and bought it from an owner desperate to sell.

Prices can vary widely.

As long as you feel good about what you paid, you bought at the right price. There's a lot to be said for that. There is nothing wrong with paying just a little more to get the one you want.

It does seem strong for an '04 but once these bikes get into the ~4k range the value doesn't drop nearly as much anymore and pretty much stabalizes.