New Levers :)

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd have a bit of a show off of my new bling haha.
Because the levers that were on the FZ when I bought it were bent, I had to get new ones. Dad went and got them for me, but turns out he spent a fair bit of money :eek:

Now he told me that these only cost $50ish for the pair, so either these aren't what I think they are (Pazzos) or he's telling a bit of a lie.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't care if they're Pazzo or not, I'd just like to know so that if they are, I can pay him back.

Just wondering if you guys know of a way of telling between the fake Pazzos and real ones.

Either way, I'm extremely happy, and can't wait to put em on :)

Thanks!

EDIT: Levers are now on the bike, so are the new rim stripe stickers I got :)

She's in the garage with Mums car and the washing line atm, so I'll get better pics when I can get her outside.

Front end with new levers

Brake and clutch shots

New Wheel stripe stickers.
They're not perfect, but it was REALLY hard to get them perfect, and they look fine as long as you aren't looking for something wrong with them :)

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you like your levers!

I put a pair of pazzos on myself last night.

You're right, he's telling you a pork pie - mine were on sale - $209 ;) - don't forget to say thanks to him though :eek:

Can't wait to test them out

Real Pazzos - have a slight pattern to the levers - like a circular/angle grinder kind of pattern in the metal. They are also stamped Pazzos. Yours are not Pazzos - i can see that from the pics, but who cares. If you are happy - that's all that matters :D

Check this photo from the web - shows genuine Pazzos

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, not real but they're cool non the less and you appreciate the dramatic difference over the stockers for sure! :thumbup: The adjustability factor and elimination of the dreaded friction zone will make you both smile every time you pull 'em..

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oops, I should have added the the black and red ones are the same color combo I have but I really dig Karen's black and gold ones.:D

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Thank you both, and thanks again to Dad if you're lurking :D
I haven't actually ridden the FZ yet, but I've heard things about the friction zone, I think that's one of the reasons dad got the shorty ones, I heard it helps a fair bit.

Those black and gold ones are SICK btw, is that what you got Karen?
Any pics of them on your bike?

I'll put up more pics when I get the bike back and put 'em on :)

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you still have issues with the friction point you can also try extending the clutch arm (weld in a 1cm section). I hated the narrow friction point but after about 300kms on it, actually prefer it now.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Quite a few of use have those levers now. I found them on Ebay, but quite a few sellers make them and in different colours. Try to keep them covered if left in the sun as Poor JSpeeds went crazy colours! Details here and also in a thread linked to from that one.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with everyone else. The aftermarket levers look so much nicer than stock. And if they feel/perform 1/4 as good as they look, I'll be satisfied!

Levers are next on my shopping list.
Yours look spot on and at $50 for the pair,an absolute bargain

I really liked the ASV's, Pazzo's, etc, but I just couldn't afford $200 for such a small, easy to make part. If I had more funds, i wouldn't think twice. But for me, I'd rather spend the $50 for ebay ones and put the extra $150 towards front and rear springs, exhaust, or power commander. To each his own though!

To the OP: Did your dad order them from ebay or find them in a store somewhere? If he got them from ebay, could you find out which seller and contribute some thoughts/feedback to the other thread we have going (the one Sanger linked to)?

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
I'm with everyone else. The aftermarket levers look so much nicer than stock. And if they feel/perform 1/4 as good as they look, I'll be satisfied!

I really liked the ASV's, Pazzo's, etc, but I just couldn't afford $200 for such a small, easy to make part. If I had more funds, i wouldn't think twice. But for me, I'd rather spend the $50 for ebay ones and put the extra $150 towards front and rear springs, exhaust, or power commander. To each his own though!

To the OP: Did your dad order them from ebay or find them in a store somewhere? If he got them from ebay, could you find out which seller and contribute some thoughts/feedback to the other thread we have going (the one Sanger linked to)?

I'm 99% sure it was an ebay set.
I'll ask him which ones though, and write what I think about them when I get to ride with them (won't be for another 5 weeks or so :()

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll ask him which ones though, and write what I think about them when I get to ride with them (won't be for another 5 weeks or so :()

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Why aren't you able to ride for 5 weeks? I believe in an earlier post you said you haven't ridden your fizzer yet and I was just curious as to why.

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Why aren't you able to ride for 5 weeks? I believe in an earlier post you said you haven't ridden your fizzer yet and I was just curious as to why.

Still on my restricted licence :(
I'm on a Kawa Balius (ZR250) atm, and got the fizz for when I get my opens :)

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Still on my restricted licence :(
I'm on a Kawa Balius (ZR250) atm, and got the fizz for when I get my opens :)

Sounds like some weird, Aussie thing. I don't mean any disrespect, I just mean weird as in different, unusual to me.

In the U.S., you can get a motorcycle permit at the same time you're able to get a driver's permit. Each is a computerized test with 20 or so questions, need to get 17 correct I think. A motorcycle permit allows you to ride whatever kind of bike you want as far as I know. The only restrictions being: you can't carry a passenger, you have to wear a helmet, and you can't ride at night.

I'm always being reminded that this is an international forum, and that motorcycles are enjoyable no matter which country you live in!

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Sounds like some weird, Aussie thing. I don't mean any disrespect, I just mean weird as in different, unusual to me.

In the U.S., you can get a motorcycle permit at the same time you're able to get a driver's permit. Each is a computerized test with 20 or so questions, need to get 17 correct I think. A motorcycle permit allows you to ride whatever kind of bike you want as far as I know. The only restrictions being: you can't carry a passenger, you have to wear a helmet, and you can't ride at night.

I'm always being reminded that this is an international forum, and that motorcycles are enjoyable no matter which country you live in!

Definitely a weird Aussie thing.

Basically.. Over here (in QLD anyway) we have a restricted bike licence, and an open bike licence.

Restricted = Any bike that "has a power to weight ratio of not more than 150kW per tonne (t)"
Unrestricted = Anything that's road legal.

And to get an Unrestricted licence, you have to first hold a Restricted licence for a year.

Pics of the levers on the bike.. coming soon

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Western Australia - RE class - anything up to 250cc
R class - any motorbike (you must hold RE class for 12 months - I have 6 weeks to go :thumbup:)

Written test for permit, then practical test - both classes.

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
She's in the garage with Mums car and the washing line atm, so I'll get better pics when I can get her outside.

Front end with new levers

Brake and clutch shots

New Wheel stripe stickers.
They're not perfect, but it was REALLY hard to get them perfect, and they look fine as long as you aren't looking for something wrong with them :)

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Western Australia - RE class - anything up to 250cc
R class - any motorbike (you must hold RE class for 12 months - I have 6 weeks to go :thumbup:)

Written test for permit, then practical test - both classes.

Am I missing something Karen? If you hold an RE class license (for another 6 weeks anyways) and can only ride up to 250cc, then you can't ride your FZ6 either?

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Am I missing something Karen? If you hold an RE class license (for another 6 weeks anyways) and can only ride up to 250cc, then you can't ride your FZ6 either?

Once you've held your RE licence for 12 months, you can get a learners permit (you automatically get one in QLD) to ride R class bikes. Which means (in QLD) somebody shadowing you until you are competent, and go pass the test.