Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It ain't just you...

I like Buells...to bad Harley screwed up and let them go.

Exactly! I could have seen myself buying Hellgate's 1125 when he had it up for sale but I already had my SV. Harley let go of the wrong division.......The XR1200 is pretty cool for what it is. I saw a video of one on the track with some Termi's on it. The rider was impressively exploiting the XR and it changed the way you might think of a Harley. Still there is no way it gets close in any way to my SV1000s and that's a bike discontinued 4 years ago! No more TL1000 or RC51's There is truly a niche for these twins but it seems the Japanese are listening to the wrong voices. The Japanese and Italian twins are much different than the Harley designs and that includes the way they get power to the back wheel. Even when Buell used the Austrian Rotax engine, there was a lot of massage time and reflashing ECU's to get fuel delivery to a manageable level. Never the less the Buells are great bikes and if you don't believe it you have to see Dave (Wavex) whippng it up and down the mountains. Of course he's got skill and the bike responds to that skill.
My neighbor has a big Yamaha Stratoliner cruiser. I think it like 1800+ cc's at around 800+ lbs. When I look at it I see a big cruiser that basically follows the lines of past American cruiser designs except it has this sort of retro boat tail back fender that gives you a 'Flash Gordon' sort of feel from it's directionals and tail light. It's pretty cool if that's your dream bike.
The impression I get from any of the cruisers I ride is discomfort. The discomfort is from the experience of riding sport touring/sportbikes and then jumping on a bike with completely different ergos and geometry coupled with the added weight. The end result is a cumbersome, slow responding machine that I can't wait to get off of. After riding performance bikes I know that if I'm in a situation my automatic responses and skill will be highly impeded on the cruiser. :eek:

Still I accept there are people that buy and ride their bikes for so many different reasons and I like to make room in my world for their dreams. So yes those baggers are UGLY! to me but I know people love them for the brand or the image. I like the fact that they can have their ride and dream and image. I'm happy I can have mine....:D

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like an old piece of garbage bike some random fellow would have in the back of his messy garage. But the guy that owned it had a great idea....."I'm gonna paint some flames on this mofo@!!!"

Sure riding is great no matter what you're on, but that's no excuse to put out trash cans with wheels on them.

WTF Harley. Stop being so bad at this.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Please, for the love of God, no flames.....

16-2011-harley-davidson-cvo-electra-glide-ultra.jpg

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't get them either. As Cliff said the Buell was a fun bike, too many QC issues however.

For a big V I guess Aprilia and Ducati are it for sportbikes.

It does look like Eric Buell Racing will be out with an 1190 for this coming year, we'll see.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (good thing or I'd never be married). I've seen a few bikes on this forum that were just.. I won't go there.
I know a guy who has a big Harley like these and even though I wouldn't want one they do have one kick ass sound system. Best I've heard on any bike, too bad once they put on the straight pipes you can't hear it.

Juan1

Reaction score
Visit site
Harleys aren't my cup of tea, but who cares? Different 4 strokes for different folks.

I hope Buell makes street bikes again. The street bike market is more exciting with their innovation in it.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a one hundred dollar off coupon for a new Harley rental in the mail last week and I am kinda excited about using it next summer. They must be getting desperate for sales. I have only sat on or ridden a few harleys that I actually like, sport bikes are sexier. I'll probly rent the Cross Bones 1200 for the day and see if I still like it.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a one hundred dollar off coupon for a new Harley rental in the mail last week and I am kinda excited about using it next summer. They must be getting desperate for sales. I have only sat on or ridden a few harleys that I actually like, sport bikes are sexier. I'll probly rent the Cross Bones 1200 for the day and see if I still like it.

Expect a ride report when you rent it. Better ask Santa for some Harley underwear so you be properly dressed:eek:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the just walk out in the parts warehouse blindfold a guy spin him around till he gets dizzy hand him a paintball gun and what ever parts he hits on the ANCIENT shelves is next years models..... :BLAA: :rockon: :D

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the just walk out in the parts warehouse blindfold a guy spin him around till he gets dizzy hand him a paintball gun and what ever parts he hits on the ANCIENT shelves is next years models..... :BLAA: :rockon: :D

haha, sounds like that could actually be the truth

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah your right mate not very appealing at all, and who came up with this colour scheme shocking:confused: