New guy with overly ambitious ideas!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of the levers, the clutch didn't fit because of the copper/brass cylinder in the pivot bore, which they tell me should come out, but I've practically used a hammer w/ no luck... arguing for a replacement w/ the seller now.

I had to file the bottom of lever body on one side.. didn't have issues with bushings though (the cylinders you're referring to). Hopefully the seller will take care of the issue.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I moved to the area Dcember 2009, after living all over. I really like te neighborhood. There is an awesome pizza place on 21st and 6th.

Let me fix that for you: There is an awesome pizza ON JUST ABOUT EVERY BLOCK!! It's Brooklyn, man!! :D

I used to deliver for the pizzeria on 4th and 69th. All the free pizza I could eat :thumbup:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Pizza near me ain't so great. Cobble hill/Brooklyn Heights/Bay Ridge has some brick over places that are great. But then again I'm more of a burger guy.

I got it from Prospect Cycles, not King's.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pizza near me ain't so great. Cobble hill/Brooklyn Heights/Bay Ridge has some brick over places that are great. But then again I'm more of a burger guy.

I got it from Prospect Cycles, not King's.

L&B Spumoni Gardens on 86th street. Best square pizza in Brooklyn, as far as I know... and there will be at least one dude in there wearing a velour jugging suit and a gold chain :rof:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Hi gang,

Been a huge (quiet) fan of the forums for a while... lurking in the back alleys and collecting intelligence from the rest of the brain trust :D. Figure the rain in NY has got to stop eventually, so its time to start playing w/ my new FZ.

My initial ideas are cosmetic; as I save for performance (hey the bike is still new).

-Powerbronze Bellypan (paint metal part blue to match 09)
-Powerbronze Double Bubble (Dark) shield (I'm just under 6')
-Blue rim strip tape (Pro Grip)
-New grips (anything to help w/ vibration >5k rpm)
-Evotech frame/spindle sliders

Was going to get a K&N Air Filter, but enough reading shows there may no benefit w/o other major changes.

-Oh, also have Shogun frame sliders already - wife tested them :spank: and they did their job 110%.

And before I get yelled at for 'useless w/o pics' - I will post as I start the work (IF it ever stops raining).

Thanks to everyone who has indirectly taught me much about the FZ thus far!!! :america:

Well as per my great luck, everything is backordered... at least I'll get my grip glue on time :rolleyes:.

Ya'll have to bear w/ stock for now...

2011-04-06161829.jpg

2011-04-06161812.jpg

2011-04-06161836.jpg

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
-FE check
-Swingarm/Fork sliders check

FE difference is amazing.

During:
2011-04-18110024.jpg

After (note the EvoTech bumpers - little shorter than I'd hoped):
2011-04-18120442.jpg

Added an FZ1 handlebar to the TODO list.

One Q: has anyone changed the stock indicators for clear/smoke (eBay)? Does it reduce visibility much? Theoretically even w/ amber bulbs, it would - especially during the day.

Thanks for the support!:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great!
I have aftermarket indicators on the front.. stock ones kept killing bulbs after streetfighter conversion, since I removed the vibration absorbing rubber pieces. Smaller = less visibility, so yeah.. I'm sure they're not as good as stock from that perspective.
I tinted the lenses on stock rear indicators and love the look. They seem to be just as bright too.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Had the dealer change the handlebars/grips since he was doing my 1st service anyway.

2011-04-27172915.jpg

(btw rim tape is the cheapest way to brighten up the bike IMHO).

2011-04-27172859.jpg

All in all, w/ everything tightened, adjusted, new bar (and a few more lb's of tire pressure up front). The bike feels like a new machine. Smoother, turns quicker, and my wrists definitely don't feel like falling off after a short ride. :D

Next step is the PowerBronze screen and belly pan, if they ever ship from UK.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
<Insert Bump Here>

PowerPronze bellypan check! It took them 2 months, and a little arguing, but here's the pan... (the screen on the other hand, which also took 2 months was scratched on delivery - yay - more waiting).

2011-05-20094144.jpg

I painted the mesh navy blue (close match) - makes it look MUCH more stock. I imagine if I had a red, yellow, white, etc., color, it'd pop much more...

Overall highly recommended cosmetic addition.

Installation was 2 hours (1.8 of which was getting off the M10 engine bolt by finding a friend w/ a big wrench and extension). Lining up was 5 minutes, tightening was 2, and watching the results was 10 :thumbup:.

BTW: Please dont start checking my math!! I blurted out relative numbers!

Last edited: