New FZ6 rider from Greece!

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Hello everybody,

Two days ago I finally managed to get my very own FZ6.:rockon:
It is my first bike and I'm a new rider, I found a very good deal for a 01/2005 model with approx. 41.000km.
The bike is in excellent condition and needs some minor service as I was told.
I have no experience with bike technical stuff so for the moment I trust a very good friend who owns a TDM 900.
Here she is:
i1484936_dsc02234.jpg

First thing done after the service is getting a black "Chin Fairing" or "Sub Cowl" and then maybe a black windscreen... Money is an issue lately... Oh well!:rolleyes:

Thanks!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody,

Two days ago I finally managed to get my very own FZ6.:rockon:
It is my first bike and I'm a new rider, I found a very good deal for a 01/2005 model with approx. 41.000km.
The bike is in excellent condition and needs some minor service as I was told.
I have no experience with bike technical stuff so for the moment I trust a very good friend who owns a TDM 900.
Here she is:
i1484936_dsc02234.jpg

First thing done after the service is getting a black "Chin Fairing" or "Sub Cowl" and then maybe a black windscreen... Money is an issue lately... Oh well!:rolleyes:

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, and great choice of bike! :D

Get the TCP Bellypan, or sub cowl as you call it!

:thumbup:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice ride. The lower cowl really is one of the first things I did too. It really balances the whole look of the bike. Only prob I see with your bike is its not red...:Flip: j/k

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike. How is the weather up there right now? On the photo it looks ice-free. I havent'n been able to ride since 20 november here and it sucks! Really getting nuts of the weather here. The only thing I do in the weekends right now is staying indoor and watching youtube onboard bike movie's....I'm getting depressed...:)

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I'm happy to have joined your community! :rockon:
The weather has been... strange for this year's winter.
It has been one of the hottest Decembers I remember!
Temps are around 10-20C and it's either sunny, partly cloudy or cloudy and rainy... No ice at least where I live although it did snow once! :confused:
I wanted to ask something else too, is there any reliable online source for original Yamaha parts that can ship to Greece? Most sites I found are in the US and I don't know what will happen with customs fees. Some bigger parts I want are not available to ship in Greece as well.
What drives me crazy is the HUGE price difference...
How can the local Yamaha dealers ask 374 euro for the:

5VX-2835G-10 BODY, FRONT UPPER 1

when I can find it on Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2005 FZ6ST - FZ6 COWLING 1 Diagram for 74 euro???:banghead:

I need some other parts as well, I have the part numbers, can anyone help me please?:eek:

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
pou ise re alani? megeia to ergalio! eixa kai ego hia 4 xronia alla to poulisa prin 6 mines : )
apo to boats.net exo psonisei para poles fores einai aksiopisto, ftino kai stelnei sxetika grigora

ego pariggila olo to mprostino fairing kai merika alla pragmatakia, irthe komple se 2 terasties koutes kai de plirosa teloneio.

sto teloneio tsimpane digmatoliptika merika demata kai ta xreonoun. an to tsimpisoun tha pliroseis peripou 70 evro. zita na sto stiloun me APLO AMERIKANIKO TAXIDROMIO giati oi courrier to pernane telonio etsi k alios.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

First thing I would check is the manufacturing date of the tyres.
Since it's a '05 bike, it could be that the tyres are too old, and dangerous in twisties due to loss of grip. Probabely not, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

(I had too old tires on my '04. and it caused me to crash in a bend :spank:)

If you read this forum alot, I give you 2 weeks.....After that, you will be the victim of the modding-monster.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm happy to have joined your community! :rockon:
The weather has been... strange for this year's winter.
It has been one of the hottest Decembers I remember!
Temps are around 10-20C and it's either sunny, partly cloudy or cloudy and rainy... No ice at least where I live although it did snow once! :confused:
I wanted to ask something else too, is there any reliable online source for original Yamaha parts that can ship to Greece? Most sites I found are in the US and I don't know what will happen with customs fees. Some bigger parts I want are not available to ship in Greece as well.
What drives me crazy is the HUGE price difference...
How can the local Yamaha dealers ask 374 euro for the:

5VX-2835G-10 BODY, FRONT UPPER 1

when I can find it on Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2005 FZ6ST - FZ6 COWLING 1 Diagram for 74 euro???:banghead:

I need some other parts as well, I have the part numbers, can anyone help me please?:eek:

:welcome: To the forum! Glad to have you aboard!
There was a member, Smokenu that got the belly/chin fairing for $60 us I believe it was an Italian company and it's one of the better looking I've seen.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
What's that saying about a bad workman and blaming tools? :Flip:

just kidding :spank:

:D Your honor, I plead guilty....
I have to admit, I never had riden any bike, and the crash was in my 2nd month. total unexperience had something to do with it.
Sadly, the insurance kept their hands off. Driving 10y old tires on a 6y old bike was my responsability they said...:spank: So why again am I paying 480€/year on insurance? Oh thats right, to fill their pockets....:Flip: