New FZ6 owner in Memphis

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All:

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I just got a new 08' cobalt blue FZ6. I am from Memphis, TN.

This is a great forum and looking fwd to trying out some of the mods. Just have to figure where to start :Sport:

-cheers
Raj

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, this is my first bike :rockon: and I am loving it. I was debating whether to get a SV650 or FZ6 and in the end chose to go with an FZ, cuz I liked the seating and the look of it better. Plus dealers around here didn't have an SV. So went with one I could sit on and get a feel of it before buying it. Of course this forum helped me out a lot as well :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! Congrats!

The new '08 in Cobalt is a very popular choice! :D

Questions: Frame Sliders? MSF course? Gear?

Ride safe! Get to know her and respect her. Her limits are higher than yours right now.

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
Questions:

Frame Sliders?
Havent gotten them yet. But looking to order them soon. And probably a puig screen as well.

MSF course?
Yes i did complete that. Only then did my wife let me get my FZ6. :)

Gear?
I got my FZ6 on a saturday and here all the motorcycle shops are closed on Sunday. So I did wot everyone in my position wud do :), went to walmart and picked up a Bell helmet and gloves and been riding with ski jacket. I just had to ride it :Sport:

Have been looking to get a riding jacket. Probably this week.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Questions:

Frame Sliders?
Havent gotten them yet. But looking to order them soon. And probably a puig screen as well.

MSF course?
Yes i did complete that. Only then did my wife let me get my FZ6. :)

Gear?
I got my FZ6 on a saturday and here all the motorcycle shops are closed on Sunday. So I did wot everyone in my position wud do :), went to walmart and picked up a Bell helmet and gloves and been riding with ski jacket. I just had to ride it :Sport:

Have been looking to get a riding jacket. Probably this week.

You are well on the way! Good job! Check out New Enough Motorcycle Apparel sells motorcycle jackets, pants and suits, boots, gloves, helmets, etc :: New Enough, LTD and Motorcycle Closeouts - Gearing up in 2008. New Enough is the "L.L. Bean" of motorcycle gear. Returns and exchanges are zero hassle!

Looking forward to pics of what mods you choose! I think you'll find the Puig racing screen to be the best money you can spend on this bike.

JeffrosFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive only seen 1 other fz here in the Memphis area since I got mine (last year) sitting in a parking place at arbys. All the other bikes are - 30% sport bikes, 65% cruisers, 4% dual purpose, 1% us! haha

Most look at mine and wonder what it is (BMW or ??)

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
The few times I came across guys riding cruisers, I wave back and never did get a response. I hope they dint think i was riding a scooter :).

So where do you usually ride your FZ around here?

goran21220

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gonna look for some roads outside of memphis cause in town cops are everywhere!!I like riding in raleigh/lagrange rd area ,a lot of curves! By the way,i don't wave unless they wave first anymore.People here are wierd... Nothing but cruisers...

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
Im still not so sure if I want to hit the twists and turns yet. Probably another week or so....and I'll look for ya.

Ill keep the waving part in mind.

Happy Riding....

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
If I were at home, I'd ride out towards Picwick Dam. I can't remember if it's highway 64 or 57 but from what I remember from going out there as a kid it might be a nice ride for a weekend.

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey thanks guys.

Serraph: I almost got a SV650 from Corinth, but then decided to get the FZ6.

Thanks "crazybiker". Happy Riding to you guys!!

-cheers