New 2 Bros Pipes

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got the new 2 Bros Pipes and thought about doing the install myself. I usually work on my MX bike with no issue but have not touched my new 09 FZ6 myself.

Is there anything major that I need to know to remove the stock system and install the new 2 Bros. slipon?

Thanks

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got the new 2 Bros Pipes and thought about doing the install myself. I usually work on my MX bike with no issue but have not touched my new 09 FZ6 myself.

Is there anything major that I need to know to remove the stock system and install the new 2 Bros. slipon?

Thanks

The directions they include are good and accurate. You can also download them from the Two Bros website if you need larger or color pics for reference. If I remember correctly, you should only need a couple allen wrenches, about 30 minutes, and a cold beer for when you're done. Oh, and a fresh pair of underwear for when you hear them roar for the first time! Enjoy!

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I can do it then anyone can do it. Although it took me at least a few hours. Boneman on here has very detailed instructions on his site that should be in his info somewhere. Was a great help to me. Somehow I just decided to make it much more complicated than it needed to be. Just go slow, make it look nice :thumbup:. Pulling that stock exhaust off of the bike is sooo satisfying, like removing some nasty tumor ;)

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
I put the new 2Bros pipe on today and it went pretty well but thankfully my friend who has been working on bikes his entire life provided the main install.

The pipes went on with no problem and was very easy BUT the lame setup they have for the lights and plate light is a JOKE....Come on 2 bros you can't come up with something better.

We ended up cutting a 3 inch by 2 inch piece of the fender eliminator kit that I put on a few weeks ago to use the LED license plate light as we needed to cut the piece and then drill 2 small holes to bolt it to the new 2bros fender kit. This allowed the new piece to stick out enough so we could use 2 sided tape to stick the light on and have it overhang over the license plate. In the end it came out really good and way better than the cheap lights they provided in the kit. We did use the tail lights provided as they did bolt up fine and used a better set of barrel connecters to wrap it all up.

In the end the sound it WAY BETTER than stock and allows the bike to breathe a nice mean sound.

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are the pics. We used a piece of black aluminum that we cut from my FE kit that I just bought a few weeks ago and used a 3 inch by 2 inch piece and drilled it into the new 2bros piece so we could then just place the LED plate light to hold over the plate. It came out perfect.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like my garage. 1 beautiful Yamaha FZ6 and One Honda CRF250x.
Next spring is when I should be doing my Two Brothers Exhaust. Thanks for the tips. I can't wait to hear them live on my FZ. :thumbup: