Need help with HIDs....

hokie315

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a HID kit (8000k). I got the low beam (H7) installed and it looks great. I installed the high beam (H4) kit and when I start up the bike I get the nice blue glow from the low beam, but when I switch to the high beam and the H4 light adds to the light and only puts out a Halogen colored light. So when I have high beams on I have one blue HID light and the high beam as a halogen and it looks bad in my opinion with both colors not being blue. I know that H4 bulbs are set up as a high beam and low beam bulb with the low beam being the HID and the high being the Halogen. I was told this is the high beam setting on a H4 bulb. How can I get it so that when I switch the high beam on, the H4 puts out the low beam which is the 8,000k instead of the Halogen high beam color. I want the two to match when both lights are on. I know it can be done as I have seen Yamaha's with two matching HID's on at the same time. Thanks for the help guys.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum!

I just used the search function and found lots of threads for halogens - give it a go and I'm sure you'll find the help you need. Sorry, I can't help with halogens :(