My Bike overheated in traffic at Laguna Seca

outdoorsman

Lets ride!
Reaction score
www.sacramentocrotchrockets.com
LOL. Can't really split a ONE lane road. HAHA.

UPDATE: My bike's fan's motor went out. Dealer will fix it no charge per warranty. However, it took them a whole week to tell me this after several calls to find out what was taking so long. So two weeks without my bike! One week for them to diagnose it and one week for new fan motor to ship. I hate dealerships.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^ At least you have more good weather than bad weather. . . :D
Unlike a more northern state I know of. . .

The Stealership say anything about it getting that hot?

At the bare minimum I'd replace the oil as being ran that hot could break it down and reduce its overall effectiveness especially if the O/C is scheduled a ways out there. As for the coolant. Well, if it didn't boil over - I guess it should be OK but if you can get them to replace the fluids on their dime, Go For IT!!!

outdoorsman

Lets ride!
Reaction score
Well, just talked to the service department and they told me the part is on back order. Could be another week or two months out. WTH? Looks like I won't be riding anytime soon. I hate dealerships and miss my bike. Haven't rddien her in 3 weeksn and she's been at the dealership for 2 weeks now.....

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, just talked to the service department and they told me the part is on back order. Could be another week or two months out. WTH? Looks like I won't be riding anytime soon. I hate dealerships and miss my bike. Haven't rddien her in 3 weeksn and she's been at the dealership for 2 weeks now.....

My fan is kaput as well, but I still ride the bike. Just avoid stop & go traffic, and turn off the engine when you're at a traffic light for more than a few seconds. We have a good temp gauge so use it.

Or, do a few track days with the bike. No need for a fan on the track :D

Last edited:

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
I did an ebay search earlier for "FZ6 rad fan" and it turned up nothing. What search terms did you use?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
?????

Granted I'd be going to fleebay too, but if you roll it out of the stealership with a known defect in the cooling system, will it void what's left of the warranty?

Most of us have no warranty so our path is going to be different than yours.

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the last fan available and in stock in North America two weeks ago. It was ordered from warehouse #34, the Wisconsin warehouse.

Unfortunately that part is currently on backorder with Yamaha USA with no estimated ship date. There are no aftermarket options available for that model as well.

SKU: 4S8-12405-00-00 is currently backordered until 9.13.2011. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Last edited:

outdoorsman

Lets ride!
Reaction score
I ordered the last fan available and in stock in North America two weeks ago. It was ordered from warehouse #34, the Wisconsin warehouse.

Unfortunately that part is currently on backorder with Yamaha USA with no estimated ship date. There are no aftermarket options available for that model as well.

SKU: 4S8-12405-00-00 is currently backordered until 9.13.2011. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Yup! That's what the stealership told me. Looks like I won't be riding for at least another month. And yes, when it's under warranty, doing anything to it will void that warranty. :banghead: