Motorcycle Cruise Control

S

sportrider

that would be nice on a long ride. the only thing I really miss about the sportster was the throttle lock. it amazing how being able to relax your throttle hand for a few miles can prolong how far you can ride between stops!:thumbup:

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
I had an Audiovox electronic cruise, (90.00 at your local auto parts store) on my 03 FJR. It was real nice on long rides. I did 920 miles and 930 miles on consecutive days coming back home from ID. I would never have made it without the CC.

I now have a throttlemeister which is the next best thing. The Audiovox Cruise is mechanically challenging. I wasn't smart enough to figure it out but my dad was.LOL Took him about 8 hours to install.

Glenn

Khyren

Reaction score
Visit site
Hate to rez an old thread but I'm looking into putting a unit from an HD on the FZ. The parts are avail on ebay pretty cheaply. But I still might just get one of the universal ones. Although with the HD one, they are servo motor controlled. Not vaccum controlled like the Audiovox one. The cruise will go nicely with the highway pegs that I made from an old subframe.

Khyren

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cruise control would be nice but it opens the door for not paying attention and having the bike try to take control if you forget it is on while aproaching a turn, Still it would make the the highway nicer (i try to avoid the highway)

cookie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,
I would like to reopen this thread as I done 650 miles trip last night from Croatia to Poland on my FZ6 and i hurt my wrist for last 200 miles so im looking for cruize control sollution.
What is installed on your FZ6 bikes, what you can recommend and how much it cost.

200 bucks is the top line I don't want to spend more.

cheers

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am satisfied with my throttle rocker 2 that was under $20. I do not even notice it is there, it is so comfortable. I never have any issues with hand cramps using it.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a cramp buster throttle pad. It attaches by a velcroe strap and the paddle sits in the palm of your hand. It helps out a lot! My right wrist and hand used to fall asleep when I rode. On longer stints it still does but have noticed a huge difference. They're priced right at only about $10 bucks.

stealthyman

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the poor man's solution for what it's worth.

I slide a large o-ring over the throttle to sit in the gap between the throttle grip and the kill-switch housing. It provides enough friction to hold the throttle in place but not so much that the throttle can't be moved by hand.

Cost is about a buck. I used to leave it on all the time but now I just use it for the long straight rides. It's pretty easy to roll on and off.

Use at your own risk! ;)

cookie

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you guys.
I like that Nep throttle lock as it seems to be easiest mechanism and is not expensive (easiest with release and lock buttons).
I think that Vista Cruise control might impact freedom of grip movement when is disengaged.

Hey djstrong Do you need to remove grip to install NEP throttle lock and cut grip to make room for it? is that Plug and Play?. What NEP throttle lock version fits FZ6?

I have moved this conversation about NEP here:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/5413-nep-cruise-control-throttle-lock.html

Last edited: