Most debated question soon to be answered

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
No! not which color is faster :spank:

What is harder to install a new a new kill switch or a new garbage disposal?

This past weekend I finally replaced my kill switch after having bypassed the switch due to corrosion. It requires replacing the entire right hand controls. Replacing the controls themselves was easy but getting to the connection was a pain. It requires lifting the tank and pulling the airbox, battery, and battery case and even then my man hands were having problems getting to the plug for disconnect. I was tempted to go ahead and check my valves since I had it that far but instead decided to install my new rear sets that have been sitting since spring. I was getting tied of my silver ones with the black frame. I will hopefully post pictures in two weeks once I finish painting some odds and ends black as well.

Now this weekends new project was discovered last night. My ceiling fan was creaking so I was going to spray it with some WD-40. In the process of trying to locate the can I found out my garbage disposal has finally given up. I know what you're thinking who has a garbage disposal on their bike??!!! So this weekends project will be replacing the garbage disposal. I'm thinking it will go easier than the kill switch since I don't have to pull the airbox.

:( and I never did find the WD-40.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You're better off with some silicone lubricant for the squeaky fan anyway.

Listen my friend....If it has to do with plumbing I think Rube Goldberg received revenues for the rest of his life after helping design anything for plumbing!

Garbage disposal is harder!
It never surprises me that I've got the wrong part or need another part while twisted up under a sink, holding water pump pliers in one hand and holding pipe wrench with my ......:eek::rolleyes::Flash: And! you get to take your steed for a ride!
The garbage disposal isn't near as fun unless you have an enemy close by!:eek::eek::D

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Ya got that right, I've been procrastinating for a long time about replacing the garbage disposal, even have a new one sitting in the workshop. But the older I get the harder it is to convince myself to crawl under the sink, not sure if I can get up:BLAA:

Jerry

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thoroughly convinced any household task takes at least one magnitude of time more than it should (or than it does on that damn cable tv home show :Flip:).
When I moved here my kitchen orientation was such that moving the hinges on my frig so it opened the other direction would be a good idea. I glanced thru the owner's manual, bolt holes were already there, simple! Right?

:Flip:

One broken wrench, three trips to Sears, four hours, and $35 of spoiled food later, my door opened the other way. AARRRARARAGHGHGHG!!!

Lightndattic

Reaction score
Visit site
Garbage disposals are easy to do if you're replacing one that's died. It's installing a new one on a sink that isn't made for one that's a cast iron 'female dog'.