More track day photos

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet:rockon:. Thanks for the pics:thumbup:. How'd you go? Have fun? Give us your thoughts:cheer:.

Where is the "This thread is worthless without a story":BLAA: smiley when you need it...lol.:D

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet:rockon:. Thanks for the pics:thumbup:. How'd you go? Have fun? Give us your thoughts:cheer:.

Where is the "This thread is worthless without a story":BLAA: smiley when you need it...lol.:D[/QUOTE Well it was a cold day in the morning but turned out nice later. the FZ6 is a hard bike to ride on a road course because it has no power below 10,000 rpm's. So that makes it slow off the corners but it handles ok with a good shock, I have a Penske shock . I would rather have a Suzuki SV650 for a track bike,because it is more easy to ride fast. the FZ6 is fast on top end but sucks on the bottom and mid range. The FZ6 is a great bike and I had a good time on it at the track and it ran good with no problems. I rode it in the fast group and it did good for a FZ6 but its no race bike.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[/QUOTE Well it was a cold day in the morning but turned out nice later. the FZ6 is a hard bike to ride on a road course because it has no power below 10,000 rpm's. So that makes it slow off the corners but it handles ok with a good shock, I have a Penske shock . I would rather have a Suzuki SV650 for a track bike,because it is more easy to ride fast. the FZ6 is fast on top end but sucks on the bottom and mid range. The FZ6 is a great bike and I had a good time on it at the track and it ran good with no problems. I rode it in the fast group and it did good for a FZ6 but its no race bike.

Know what you mean. I had loads of corner speed, but kept getting smoked, by litre bikes, at the 2/3 mark of all the straight bits, only to have them slow me down in the turns.:(

Good fun though....lol.:D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like fun; Harris Hill is such a fun little track.

I'm am aiming for this Saturday at MSRH if the R6 is ready to go. It's down at AF1 for dyno tuning and a few other items. I should know today.

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon:
Looks like fun; Harris Hill is such a fun little track.

I'm am aiming for this Saturday at MSRH if the R6 is ready to go. It's down at AF1 for dyno tuning and a few other items. I should know today.

I haven't been to MSRH yet I heard its a good track. Harris Hill is a little bumpy but it only takes me 20 min. to get there.I just hope the F1 track gets built here and I we get to do some racing or track days there. Good luck on the R6 at MSR .

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
very cool pictures. Since im totally naive to the whole track scene why do the headlights get covered? Blinding other riders? For the cameras? Crash protection?

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
very cool pictures. Since im totally naive to the whole track scene why do the headlights get covered? Blinding other riders? For the cameras? Crash protection?

It's a safety thing. If someone crashes, they don't want headlight bits all over the track. It makes more sense for glass lense headlights though. lol Same reason why there's no mirrors on his bike. Kind of like when you see old racecar pics, with the taped up headlights. You don't want that stuff on the track cutting tires and causing more wrecks.

Nice pics! I really like the second one, where you can just make out that CBR next to you. I'm jealous, I'd love some track time. But there's none to be had around here!

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm jealous, I'd love some track time. But there's none to be had around here!

Duuude ... Laguna Seca! Infineon Raceway! Thunderhill ain't close but it's NorCal.

There's also Buttonwillow quite a ways south.

:Sport: :sinister:

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Duuude ... Laguna Seca! Infineon Raceway! Thunderhill ain't close but it's NorCal.

There's also Buttonwillow quite a ways south.

:Sport: :sinister:

Those are hours away. I'd love to, but don't have the time or cash to burn on that. If it's not something that can be pulled off in one day, it ain't happening. lol I looked into getting some track time for my car, and gave up, as it was too dang expensive! Sucks, because I'd kill to take my Mazda on Laguna Seca. LOVE that track. Oh well, maybe one day.....:shakehead: