Mods on a 2008 Yamaha fz6 s2

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Recently purchased a 2008 Yamaha fz6 s2 and was looking for information on the kind of mods folk make on this type of bike.

Pictures of the bike below - Would appreciate any pointers to mods

Thanks in advance

Seanzi

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Recently purchased a 2008 Yamaha fz6 s2 and was looking for information on the kind of mods folk make on this type of bike.

Pictures of the bike below - Would appreciate any pointers to mods

Thanks in advance

Is the bike for yourself or resell?

Bd43's dual headlight mod. Search for it on this site. He may have a few left, grab one while you still can!
I am looking at getting a tinted puig windscreen. Goes good with black bikes IMO.
K&n drop in air filter. $40
K&n oil filter.
Adjustable levers like asv's or I got some amazon ones.
How stock are you trying to keep the bike? I'm looking at a belly pan soon.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
1st thing I'd do is a fender-extender to keep the road muck from flinging from the front tire. Every little bit helps. They're made in England too. Nice clean looking bike!

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I have, let me see if I can remember.......

FZ1 Bars
Dual Headlight mod
Power Commander
Speedo Healer
Two Bros Exhaust
Fender Eliminator
Seat Cowl
Belly Pan (until it got stolen)
ASV Levers
Puig screen
Painted rearsets
PlastiDip whole bike
Heated grips
Did have a +1 sprocket change
Tank Protector
Oggy Knobs
Casey Stoner sticker on swingarm

Is that it? I think so.

Last edited:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't ride 2up i would say add a seat cowl and remove the rear pegs!

On an all black faired bike it would look real cool...
Powerbronze has a real nice one for cheap.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/50060-where-buy-seat-cowl.html

Otherwise the classics are:

Front sprocket, with speedohealer.
Exhaust.
FZ1 bars.
Aluminium foot pegs.
Fender eliminator/tail tid.
Mirrors.
LED signals and rear light. (or change the stock light bulbs to quality ones, really worth it.)
Fancy levers.
Radiator cover, considering the price of the radiator it is worth it!

For levers, tail tidy and radiator cover check out Evotech performance in the UK

Did you cut and paint your rear huger? or is it the red fox one?

Last edited:

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,

Nice bike, I have the same one but original screen. I added some levers and then the dual headlight mod....but this winter i'll be going naked. Just waiting for some replacement parts for the kit i bought.

Not mods, but 3 items I found required attention on my '08 (15k km), new clutch cable (smooth as silk now), chain was too tight (needs ~2" slack), and front calipers need a rebuild with new seals (they're dragging). When off the ground, my front wheel only makes maybe one full turn when spun by hand...should be 3 or 4 according to others.

Welcome!

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
Is the bike for yourself or resell?

Bd43's dual headlight mod. Search for it on this site. He may have a few left, grab one while you still can!
I am looking at getting a tinted puig windscreen. Goes good with black bikes IMO.
K&n drop in air filter. $40
K&n oil filter.
Adjustable levers like asv's or I got some amazon ones.
How stock are you trying to keep the bike? I'm looking at a belly pan soon.

Hi,

Thanks for the response, the bike has been purchased for myself as i have recently passed my test.

I plan to keep it for at least a year and then most likey move onto a super sports such as an R1, GSXR 1000 or CBR 1000RR

Regards

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't ride 2up i would say add a seat cowl and remove the rear pegs!

On an all black faired bike it would look real cool...
Powerbronze has a real nice one for cheap.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/50060-where-buy-seat-cowl.html

Otherwise the classics are:

Front sprocket, with speedohealer.
Exhaust.
FZ1 bars.
Aluminium foot pegs.
Fender eliminator/tail tid.
Mirrors.
LED signals and rear light. (or change the stock light bulbs to quality ones, really worth it.)
Fancy levers.
Radiator cover, considering the price of the radiator it is worth it!

For levers, tail tidy and radiator cover check out Evotech performance in the UK

Did you cut and paint your rear huger? or is it the red fox one?

I wont be riding 2up and will be checking out the seat cowl

I quite like the look of the standard exhaust and will check out the other mods

Thanks

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,

Nice bike, I have the same one but original screen. I added some levers and then the dual headlight mod....but this winter i'll be going naked. Just waiting for some replacement parts for the kit i bought.

Not mods, but 3 items I found required attention on my '08 (15k km), new clutch cable (smooth as silk now), chain was too tight (needs ~2" slack), and front calipers need a rebuild with new seals (they're dragging). When off the ground, my front wheel only makes maybe one full turn when spun by hand...should be 3 or 4 according to others.

Welcome!

Thanks - will check these out

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
Wanted to add some decals. Does anyone one knowwhats decals they come with as standard?

I dont have the answer to this question but the first thing I noticed about your bike is how clean and simple it is. IMO I wouldn't muck up such a beauty bike with stickers!:p

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont have the answer to this question but the first thing I noticed about your bike is how clean and simple it is. IMO I wouldn't muck up such a beauty bike with stickers!:p

Agree here, the simple and classic black looks really nice.

Aside from painting it the faster red version, my first mod was BD43's dual headlight and then exhaust. Mostly for sound as opposed to performance for me. LEDs are a nice change.

Good luck and post some pics as you go.

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site

I was thinking of a set of swing arm decals, a single decal for the front fairing and a new tank pad

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
Agree here, the simple and classic black looks really nice.

Aside from painting it the faster red version, my first mod was BD43's dual headlight and then exhaust. Mostly for sound as opposed to performance for me. LEDs are a nice change.

Good luck and post some pics as you go.

I quite the standard light look and the stock exhaust although the scorpion cans must sound awesome!

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
That bike is in amazing condition!! What's the mileage on it?

A real credit to the previous owner - your a lucky fella to have that in your garage :)

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a thread here about Swing Arm Decals (if you want FZ6 ones). I got some 'Casey Stoner' decals off ebay. I wouldn't be sticking anything on the fairings. Most people pull decals OFF the fairings.

Oh forgot - FZ1 bars was the first and probably best mod I did after I bought it. (added to post)

Tank Pads - Huge style of dsesigns out there. Ebay or your local store. Whatever floats your boat there. I would keep it black or clear so you don't wreck the sleekness of your bike.

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
Tank Pads - Huge style of dsesigns out there. Ebay or your local store. Whatever floats your boat there. I would keep it black or clear so you don't wreck the sleekness of your bike.

I think he's very fortunate to have a decent looking original tank pad! mine looks awful and has done ever since it's been on 6k!

Considering my options which haven't discounted fitting an original back on - the FZ6 design is a nice subtle touch.

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
I think he's very fortunate to have a decent looking original tank pad! mine looks awful and has done ever since it's been on 6k!

Considering my options which haven't discounted fitting an original back on - the FZ6 design is a nice subtle touch.

I didnt realise that was the original tank pad! Its abit scratched and tatty hence looking to replace. I may just order one from the yamaha dealer to keep it original