MFW Vario Foot Peg mount

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So we rode a good 230+ miles, 6-8hours travel time to Vermont on the last meet there with breaks in between. Getting there was no problem, the 300 miles the following day was tolerable. What killed me was the return trip back home, specially my calf and thighs. I did the usual leg stretches while riding, adjusting my foot placement on peg did little in alleviating the situation.
I recently saw this on twistedthrottle.com and was wondering what your take on this adjustable rider/passenger pegs?? Here's the link: TwistedThrottle.com : MFW Vario Footpeg Mount, Rider (Yamaha FZ6, FZ1, YZF600R, R6, '99-'02, FJR1300, MT-01) - MFW.051.08.01.00
And here is the picture, appreciate everyone's opinion on these. I was thinking of ordering it. I'm 5'10.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I have never tried them but I can see how they could be beneficial. Do you feel like you feet are too high? If so I would give them a try and see how you like them.

Let us know if you do and it helps!

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Just reading the fine print in the link.... the 49.99 is for one pair of 'arms' the pegs would mount to.... seems to say you need to buy pegs from them as well, to fit the arms. Without shipping, that bumps the price to nearly $90. The most expensive peg option would make it $110.

I like the idea; it seems like you should be able to rotate the peg 'fore' and 'aft' through an arc, and still have it pivot out of the way if you drop the bike. Biggest thing would be trying to decide what length off set to go with.....

pedge1

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the mounts and pegs on my 08 two weeks ago. I love them moved my knee's down just enough to be comfortable. Well worth the money. I had buell pegs on my bike, but to mount them you have to shave off some material and I broke a peg after about 250 miles. I bought the round $35.00 pegs for the MFW Vario's and like them much better than the stock pegs, the round shape gives you a lot of foot rest options. I might try the 50mm arms next year and rotate the arms back some in more of a rear set arc.