May 20th or 27th - NY/CT/MA Ride

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'm thinking of another day ride to explore CT/NY and possibly MA. Not sure about the route yet, but would like to explore NY route 44 and hit that CT Route 7 stretch between New Milford and Kent that was so popular last time. I am thinking May 20th or 27th - I figure, more people may be able to join as we plan this one month ahead. Who's in? Suggestions and thoughts on route?

UPDATE: Here is the proposed map

UPDATE: DATE: 27th

UPDATE: Starting time 8:30 am

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't make it on either day. Teaching weekend of 20th and an all-day party on 27th (it's Memorial Day weekend).

Have a great time and take pics and movies! :thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn.. you beat me to it!:spank: i was gunna set up a ride to bear mtn w fb400... but im down where ever you wanna ride to. both dates are good for me!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Cant do May 20th as Ill be away that weekend, but the following weekend I should be around. I wil keep an eye on this thread..

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
I can't do 20th either... If nothing vital comes up on the 27th, I'd def make the trip again from NYC. Smersh is an excellent leader :rockon:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the holiday weekend would be out. I am open for May 19th or 20th weekend although I have to check w my wife if anything going on.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like majority can do the 27th, so let's shoot for that date. I haven't looked into route yet, but will do that this weekend.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So here is a rough outline of what I'm thinking. It's pretty ambitious (4 hours if we go non-stop), so let me know your thoughts. Thinking of starting in Nyack, going up the 9W with a detour through the Storm King (I didnt get to go there last August and I just love that point over Hudson), going all the way up to Poughkeepsie, cross over to CT via route 44 and then down via the Route 7, including the Kent-New Milford stretch, and then heading to CT37, NY301, back to Hudson river, down the 9D to Croton-on-Hudson.

I'm hoping it should have a decent balance of straights (9W), high speed curves (route 7) and some curves (301 and backroads)

Here is the map

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn man u took all my spots....:spank:

this is my usually ride...

heres my map

u gotta hit up rt 106 it is VERY TWISTY i ride this at least 2x a month...i was actually there today road conditions are pretty good...unfortunately Tiorati Brook Rd is closed for the year i think so take that out:(

im actually gunna ride that whole map on thursday if anyone wants to come im gunna start a thread:thumbup:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
damn man u took all my spots....:spank:

this is my usually ride...

heres my map

u gotta hit up rt 106 it is VERY TWISTY i ride this at least 2x a month...i was actually there today road conditions are pretty good...unfortunately Tiorati Brook Rd is closed for the year i think so take that out:(

im actually gunna ride that whole map on thursday if anyone wants to come im gunna start a thread:thumbup:

Almost too good to pass up a preview thurs, but work beckons (unless I make up a dentist's appointment :rolleyes:). I'm in for the 27th, though it seems very um... aggressive of a map :).

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope that 27th is as great as 20th, what a nice day we had yesterday.

So, if this ride still going, can someone tell me where to meet and the time?

Thanks

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys, I disappeared for a while. I'm looking at the weather, and it looks like there may be a chance of T-storms. I'm still game thought. How about staring around 9 in Nyack?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cool sounds good...u should definitely include rt 106 into your route...you'll have a blast